Crackpot Theory on the "Luke Skywalker" reference

Somehow I missed this thread 10 years ago.

I did not watch the last 2 1/2 seasons of the show. And I have zero interest in discussing them. Martin has abandoned many of his original concepts for his proposed trilogy. The story has grown in ways he’s not expected, and it has run into dead ends in other ways. He may follow this separated at birth concept through to fruition… Or maybe not.

But if there is a separated at birth plot happening, then I have a few thoughts. Obviously, the characters need to be the same age. And from the above posts, it seems that the siblings in question must be one male and one female.

Contenders off the top of my head are Jon and Meera. Dany and Aegon. Dany and Tyrek. Tyrek and Joy Hill. Joy Hill, and Ned Dayne.

Only the first to make any real sense for the importance of the story. But it also seems that everybody jump to the conclusion that this means brother and sister. To me, Luke’s other situation was that he had to face off with his father. So does that mean, Jon’s father is still alive? Or does that just mean that Jon is going to be surprised when he finds out who his father really is?

Actually, since I typed that last sentence… I think that makes the most sense. The young hero is faced with his true paternity, and he views his biological father as a villain.