Kenneth Flint - Irish Legends

Spiritdragon

Tiamat's Servant
Has anyone read Kenneth Flint's Irish Mythology books?

I read a load of them many years back....scanning memory

Stormsheild
Challenge of the clans
Riders of the Sidhe
errr....

Also Morgan LLewellen??
On Raven's Wing

An excellent retelling of CuCulain's amazing story ...

I think that the Ancient Irish Legends are flippin brilliant. Original Heroic Fantasy!!

Any thoughts?

James

Got a few of them on my wish list on amazon.. Its my birthday JUly 4th so I will check them out. Could you reccomend a starting point? I love Irish history as I studied quite a lot through the years in history at school.

Absolutely love Kenneth Flint's Sidhe trilogy(Rider/Champion/Master I think is the order). I started with the middle one, and didn't realize it was a middle one until I went looking for the sequel. I love Irish myth and legend, and this series made me very happy. I haven't been able to get a hold of anything else by him, though I would really like to. Hmm, maybe it's time for a trip to the used book store.

Spiritdragon said:
Also Morgan LLewellen??
On Raven's Wing

An excellent retelling of CuCulain's amazing story ...

I think that the Ancient Irish Legends are flippin brilliant. Original Heroic Fantasy!!

Any thoughts?

James
I think Morgan Llewellen is a brilliant writer on the Irish Legends. One of my favourite subjects!
A legend I particularly enjoy is Fionn McCool and his bride Grainne. Anything on the Tuatha De Danann, The Fomoires and Faylin is always on my reading list.

These two links will perhaps help you find more Irish legends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_mythology#External_links
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=authors+irish+mythology&fulltext=Search&offset=0&limit=20

Have you tried any of Calseal Mor's books? The Wanderers I thought was a great trilogy on Celtic Sagas, which might be of interest to you.

I've just bought the Flint series but haven't got round to reading it.

The reason I bought it is because I was looking for a book I started and never finished (my lodger ran off back to australia with it) that told the legend of CuCulain from the view point of his chariot driver. Since getting the Flint series I realise this wasn't it, but I'm looking foward to reading them anyway.

If anyone does know of the book I've mentioned can they let me know.