Phillips on Star Trek: Voyager and Series V (SPOILERS)

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
Spoiler spacing just in case...:)Very interesting plotlines I thought anyway what do you think?

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S
Voyager star reveals details on premise and cast
Author: Michelle Erica Green

Star Trek: Voyager`s Neelix, Ethan Phillips, appeared at the UFC convention this weekend and gave away some major spoilers about both the series finale and the next Trek show. According to Phillips, Series V will be set about 100 years before Captain Kirk`s era, which would seem to confirm all the "Birth of the Federation" rumors that have floated around as the probable setting for the next Star Trek. At one time, Paramount sources suggested that the show would have villains from the future trying to disrupt the timeline to give a twist to the action, but Phillips made no mention of whether this is the case. He did say the cast would consist of five regulars — three men, two women.

Phillips also said in the upcoming Voyager episode "Prophecy," a group of Klingons who have been out of contact with their peers back in the Alpha Quadrant storyline come to believe that Tom Paris and B`Elanna Torres` baby will fulfill an ancient prophecy about the closest thing the Klingons have to messiah. Startrek.com confirms that once the Klingons have been convinced by Captain Janeway that the Federation is no longer at war with them, they come aboard Voyager after a disaster on their own ship. This forces Neelix and Tuvok to share quarters, which leads to some predictable wackiness.

Finally, Phillips stated that Ken Biller, Brannon Braga, and Rick Berman will write the last seven Voyager episodes — presumably the arc that brings the ship back to the Alpha Quadrant. Phillips still had no idea exactly how the series would end, but he did say that all but perhaps two of the final episodes had been assigned scriptwriters.

interesting, not sure if i like the BOTF idea, seems a bit of a cop out to me.

You know I really wish I could watch this, but I'm afraid I can only watch it when West Wing goes into reruns. ;)

Cheers,