Astronaut's Wife, The (1999)

OzScaper

OzScaper.com
I watched it with my mum, and I must admit that was a bad idea, she doesn't really like scifi, so the whole way through she kept bagging it, I should really get it out and watch it again I suppose. I thought it was pretty good, a little weird in some places perhaps, but the storyline was pretty original and the end was unexpected.

i've never seen it, but wasn't there a book about it? or was that the pilot's wife? if it was a book i'm sure i must have read it unless i was reading about someone else's wife :)

hehe

I don't know if it was a book or not

oh well, I'm sure someone will know :):)

Just felt the need to say I really, really, really, really didn't care for this film. (Was that enough reallys?)

It had a decent premise. That's a good thing, right?

It tried to be suspensful. Except for the ending (which I won't even bother spoiling), nothing surprised or shocked me.

It tried to be dramatic. Um, nope. Low score on that too.

It tried to use a pregnancy as a jumping off point for terror. That plotline has been done before, and so much better. Go rent Rosemary's Baby.

I think maybe they just tried too hard to be too many things and didn't complete any of them. I wouldn't watch it again.

I'm just saying, Arcane. . .

i thought it was the strangest movie...maybe because i didn't get the plot...so what WAS the plot? though i did like it at the beginning.

though...they said they lost contact for a FEW minutes and they still hadn't made contact until the wives got there...that would have been at LEAST maybe 10minutes....
any ideas????

This one was just a little bit strange. Althought the ending was interesting to say the least. She should have seen that coming I would have thought.