• 1 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I'm not a huge fan of Dr Who (I do have great childhood memories-- the first scifi I was ever exposed to) it's just that this mini-forum is soooooo sad, no one ever posts here. And bearing in mind what I just said about my memories, I feel it's my duty to post something.

SO, WHO WERE YOUR FAVOURITE COMPANIONS?

Well, I couldn't fit them all in could I?

I tried to skew the answers to the more modern episodes because that's the demographics here. Sorry, if I missed out your favourite, just post here with your reason.

hmm... choosing a fave?

you know, this was actually a difficult call... what made each companion work was how their personality worked with whichever regeneration of the Doctor they were traveling with.

This was a tough one. I had many faves, I had to choose between Ace( cute and liked blowing things up), Leela (first and only companion that I know of that had a seethrough top on during an episode.) and SJS who was one of the first that I saw and loved.
I chose SJS cause she was the first fave that I had.

I chose SJS because she always kept the Dr. thinking :p

But what happened to K-9?

He was my favourite.....loved that dog :D

Does anyone know where I can get one just like him?

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

Originally posted by Goddess Willow

K-9 left 'Doctor Who' in the Eighteenth Season episode "Warriors Gate". This was the culmination of a subplot, about the Time Lords wanting Romana returned to Gallifrey, and would feature the departures of both Romana and K-9 from the series. This was also in accord with the new production team's desire to make the regular cast more vulnerable. K-9 was able to zap monsters too easily.

John Leeson, who provided the voice of K-9, had returned to Doctor Who for Season Eighteen with the understanding that K-9 would be written out before the end of the year.

When John Nathan-Turner announced that K-9 would be leaving the series midway through Season Eighteen, fans were outraged. Such was the public outcry over the robot dog's departure that the BBC agreed to broadcast a pilot episode for a potential series entitled K-9 And Company, starring Leeson and Elisabeth Sladen as the Doctor's former companion, Sarah Jane Smith. This was broadcast on December 28th, 1981, but did not ultimately lead to an ongoing programme, the option on a series was never taken up. Nonetheless, Leeson did return as K-9 for The Five Doctors in 1983 and the charity special Dimensions In Time in 1993.

K-9 And Company: A Girl's Best Friend by Terence Dudley

The one-hour episode depicted Sarah Jane returning to her aunt's house in the superstitious village of Moreton Harwood, where she finds a parcel waiting for her from the Doctor -- a new K-9. Sarah soon finds the robot dog's aid essential, however, when he aunt's ward, Brendan, is kidnapped by a druidic cult who intend to sacrifice him to their evil goddess, Hecate.

(with acknowledgements to A Brief History of Time)

I knew what happened to K-9 on the show, and I loved the spin off series.....wish they had taken that up

What I meant was what happened to K-9 on this poll.........he was after all a companion to the Doctor, and he did provide a lot of help to him over the season........so why wasn't he included on the pole? That's all I was asking :(

Willz

ok so i wanna vote for K-9 even though he's not on the list :D

He was kinda why I always used to watch the show when I was little :p

Willz

I always liked Ace.

The character changed drastically by the end, from 'bad girl with no cares' to 'care worn and introvert', always made her seem more 'Real'

Difficult one to answer - favourite companion???

So would go for as voted:

SARAH JANE SMITH! (We actually ran a fan club for Lis Sladen from '76 to '80)

Other favourites of mine, would have to include: Ian Chesterton, Jamie McCrimmon, Jo Grant, Leela and K9.

(K9 in the series not in the spin-off K9 & Company - which was a waste of SPACE! Also, K9 has a special place in my heart as he actually got me into a rehearsal/recording of part of ANDROIDS OF TARA - on 14th Aug '78 or, rather his alter-ego John Leeson did - "AFFIRMATIVE"!)

Status
Not open for further replies.