Season 6 and Sci Fi

it's looking good eh anni, does that mean the sci-fi channel in the
uk will be getting it as well...peachy

Yeaaa! Let's hope it continues to come on Fri. night prime. Invisible Man and Farscape are good lead-ins. And best of all, the Sci-Fi Channell advertises its shows every single day.

Originally posted by peachy
it's looking good eh anni, does that mean the sci-fi channel in the
uk will be getting it as well...peachy

Lets hope so Peachy....bit its made my day:rolly2:

Network hopping

I have to admit that I'm also somewhat nervous about a network hop for SG-1. There are a whole bunch of instances where hopping networks affected shows in bad ways.

Seeing the official ScFiCh announcement with nothing on MGM's SG-1 site yet was unsettling!

But there are also a handful of instances where good shows stayed good, or even got better. I'm hoping this will be one of those!

Keep your fingers crossed!
-- Adele

originally posted by CynVision:
Sliders was killed by a switch to SFCh.

it was killed long before that!:dead:

but i know what you mean--in some behind the scenes thing i saw the producers said that the integrity of the show would not be compromised. i'm sure they will be careful. they don't want to make it stupid and lose the potential movie audience. ;)

i kinda agree with the reaction "oh no, is this a good thing", i'd be more inclined to think that with Stargate being as popular as it is, it will be able to withstand this move, but, who knows...it's a scary thought though eh, to think it might go down the tubes! Oh my god, what would we all do? It doesn't bare thinking about! :eek::(

Picked this one up from news at Yahoo:

Sci Fi resurrects Showtime's ``Stargate''
By John Dempsey

NEW YORK (Variety) - The Sci Fi Channel has commissioned 22 hourlong episodes of ``Stargate: SG-1,'' keeping the 5-year-old series alive following producer MGM TV's failure to engineer a renewal agreement with Showtime.

``There's a lot of life left in the show,'' said Bonnie Hammer, president of the Sci Fi Channel.

The ``Stargate'' order is the third Sci Fi bailout of an MGM fantasy series not renewed by Showtime, following six years of ``The Outer Limits'' and three years of ``Poltergeist: The Legacy.''

Sci Fi will start scheduling the firstrun episodes in June. Richard Dean Anderson continues as the star of the show, which shoots in Vancouver, B.C. Three months later, Sci Fi will start screening reruns of the first four seasons of ``Stargate'' based on a previous deal struck with MGM.

As with the Showtime arrangement, MGM will continue to sell ``Stargate'' in TV syndication, protecting Sci Fi's exclusivity by withholding each episode for up to six months before it becomes available to TV stations.

The syndication platform, and sales of the series outside the U.S., will allow MGM to keep ponying up a relatively pricey $1.3 million an episode to produce the series, which is heavily dependent on expensive special effects.

Reuters/Variety REUTERS

Certainly seems to be accurate and I read somewhere that MGM Stargate site have something up, but I haven't checked myself yet.

:cool: ;)

Isn't one season 13 shows? Since they ordered 22 does that mean it will be on for 2 seasons? Or is that network TV?

22 shows is one season...

For SG-1, 22 shows is one season.
-- Adele

That's great news!
Wonder if they'll show it on the Scifi channel or SkyOne in the UK?
I think Sky One will probably wanna keep it.

I think Sky One will keep it for now, but eventually it will appear on UK Sci Fi channel......

At any rate, at least everyone now knows there'll be a Season Six, so they can stop fretting!

;)

YAY!!!:D SEASON 6!!! :D YIPPPPEEEEE!!! :D
but i hope it doesn't move 2 the UK scifi channel, cuz i don't have it, but i have got sky one...

YEAH!!! :rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2: season 6 :D :D :D

maybe scifi channel won't be happy with just one more season and would like to sign up for more.:rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

Originally posted by Anni

At any rate, at least everyone now knows there'll be a Season Six, so they can stop fretting!

;)

Yeah its put my mind at rest!!!!:D :cool:

As long as SG-1 keeps the same producers and gets good writers and keeps our interes up the change can be very beneficial. Showtime does not really advertize SG-1 well. While there are billboards for its new shows, Reserction Blvd, Soul Food, Chris Issak Show, Queer as Folk and others there are none for SG-1 and its promotion on the channel is less than sterling and has been less than par for 5 years....

Sci-Fi does at least promote their shows!

While there are billboards for its new shows, Reserction Blvd, Soul Food, Chris Issak Show, Queer as Folk and others there are none for SG-1 and its promotion on the channel is less than sterling and has been less than par for 5 years....

Also, there are not as many clips for SG-SG1 during the Showtime promos. I'll see two to three clips for every other show, some reference to boxing, than a clip of RDA shortly before it ends. I know they have to finish this season, but I almost wish they could just move to the Sci-Fi NOW!!