Family

{ACA} Spellcaster

Aussie with Addiction!
Ok this has been bugging me for a while now......and I was talking with a friend about it the other night....

In the early series.....the first one I think we meet his granddaughter.......... So we know that at some stage he had a family.......has anyone else ever wondered about this and what a typical Galifrean family is like?

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

I don't think it's ever covered, and although Susan is meant to be his granddaughter, I'm not sure that she is definately his biological granddaughter, or just a ward he picked up somewhere.

There was a series under Pertwee where we did meet the Doctor's mother. It was also where it was made very clear just how much of a black sheep he was.
Nominally the lord of Galifree

i cant remember how they reproduce i will have to ask my friend about it but i do know for a fact that the time lords cant reproduce they are STERILE now they may have some way of getting around that (the doctor is half human we know since we saw the T.V. movie) will post again soon whein i have spoken to James

Originally posted by Qwxy
(the doctor is half human we know since we saw the T.V. movie)

I don't remember that (but I only say it once) and anyway it would be apocrypal. Only the TV series counts. Otherwise in the first 1960 Film Susan and Barbara are his daughters (& not his Granddaughter and her teacher.)

Edit: It certainly does say he is half-human, but that still doesn't sit very well with me. Some of the earlier stories make less sense if he is not 100% Galifreyan. Why would the Master want to get his hands on the Doctor's body? (Any half-human would do) He wants a pure Time Lord's body.

I've been reading the plot to the TV Movie and there is a part where his eccentricity is explained as him being British. He replies that he supposes that he his. While, I realise that it is meant 'out of character' as a joke for an American audience, it has been speculated that it could be an 'in character' reference to his mother being British.

There are some good family related questions (among many others) answered here:

Are the Doctor and the Master related? There is a rumour that they are brothers - when was this mentioned, and why?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/qa/index.shtml

Has there ever been a mention of a child, a wife or a partner?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/qa/mythology2.shtml#daughter

Back