Summer Blockbusters

The Master™

Science fiction fantasy
So which of the crop of summer blockbusters will you be going to see???

I'm hoping to see:

Day After Tomorrow (is it from the book by Robert Heinlein??)
Shrek 2
Thunderbirds
Spiderman 2
Troy
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Troy, probably (leaving my expectations at the door) and Shrek 2.

I'll see Troy, but not expect anything particularly epic (there was precious little battling in the Iliad - as someone pointed out today, a lot of it spans 9 years of people grumbling "Where's Achilles?"

Also looking forward to the new King Arthur film - but not expecting particularly great things from it, other than a great wardrobe.

The ONE I'm seriously watching for is Alexander the Great. That film absolutely stinks of "ancient Epic". I had thought Val Kilmer was going to play Alexander, but apparently he's playing Philip instead, who remains one of the most under-rated characters in history. Apparently, it's the charismatic Irishman Colin Farrell who plays Alexander. And as a quick point - Val Kilmer was plugging a different film this week, but made a point of mentioning how Colin had gone through all the filming for alexander - 9 months of bare-back riding, fighting elephants but getting through without a scratch - only to then break his ankle in a production party after the filming was wrapped. :)

The ONE I'm seriously watching for is Alexander the Great. That film absolutely stinks of "ancient Epic". I had thought Val Kilmer was going to play Alexander, but apparently he's playing Philip instead, who remains one of the most under-rated characters in history
I believe Oliver Stone is directing this so, if nothing else, it should be pretty stylish.

The one I'm looking out for is 'Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow' Looks like a homage to all those 1930s serials (which I am absolutely addicted to) :D

I said:
The ONE I'm seriously watching for is Alexander the Great. That film absolutely stinks of "ancient Epic". I had thought Val Kilmer was going to play Alexander, but apparently he's playing Philip instead, who remains one of the most under-rated characters in history. Apparently, it's the charismatic Irishman Colin Farrell who plays Alexander. And as a quick point - Val Kilmer was plugging a different film this week, but made a point of mentioning how Colin had gone through all the filming for alexander - 9 months of bare-back riding, fighting elephants but getting through without a scratch - only to then break his ankle in a production party after the filming was wrapped. :)
I hear Angelina Jolie is in this one as well - at least if it isn't a good movie, you've got something good to look at!!

Back