What do you HATE about it?

{ACA} Spellcaster

Aussie with Addiction!
Ok we have had what you love about Dr. Who.......now tell us what you really can't stand about the show......

What do you dislike so much that you'd love to be able to change it :D

Just thought I'd try and liven things up a little

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

The annoying little assistants the doc had... arrrhhhh the young kid with the yellow jacket...

Adrec...

oh yeah i must admit i was never a adric fan either....liked the way they got rid of him actually :D

i also didn't like Leela much.....she just didn't seem right *shrugs*

Willz
:blpaw::blpaw:

Leela was one of the best, it was Romana II that I hated, if I was Romana, I would have asked for a refund for that regeneration!

I hated Colin Baker. Still do!

[Dave: ...it was Romana II that I hated ...I hated Colin Baker.]

Oh, say it ain't so! That cute lil' blond just sends me (Romana II, I mean, of course). Tom Baker was a lucky man to marry her and a fool to split with her, unless it wasn't his choice, of course. I can't explain it, but she just pushes my buttons. One of my top ten dream babes.

I think that CB is my least favorite Doctor, as well. Too judgemental.

Mary Tamm wasn't too bad either. Too bad she left after The Key To Time story arc ended. :(
Oh well.

Yea Colin Baker didn't do it for me either.

-cs

Many people would say it was cheezy... because it looked fake. But that would have changed if it had more viewers and therefore a bigger budget. So, IMO, the only thing left that was truely something they could have avoided was the bad acting. Most acting was good, but some was just bad - expecially the sidekicks.

Originally posted by gr8scott
Many people would say it was cheezy... because it looked fake. But that would have changed if it had more viewers and therefore a bigger budget.

I'm not sure that is totally true. There were many elements within the BBC, including the Controller Michael Grade, that hated SciFi, and Dr. Who in particular. They just wanted it to go away.

According to Sydney Newman, Head of BBC Drama in the early sixties, it began life, simply as a filler children's programme between the afternoon sporting results with a huge adult audience and Juke Box Jury with a large teenage following. It was never intended to be simply a children's programme, but something that would appeal to people who were in a rather child-like frame of mind.

It was certainly never expected to become a cult. When it did, they found it was too expensive to make. Science Fiction is always expensive, but looks 'cheezy' even when large sums are spent on it. Increasingly it was taking money that could be spent on other drama. Although it became popular in the USA, they didn't seem to market their products as well then. And I think they wanted to free up that Saturday evening slot for something else too.

Moving it to midweek was a death blow. I know it made it impossible for me to watch it. (no video back then)

Originally posted by gr8scott
So, IMO, the only thing left that was truely something they could have avoided was the bad acting. Most acting was good, but some was just bad - expecially the sidekicks.

I think someone eventually realised what a mistake they had made. Hence Sylvester McCoy, some better scripts, and a whole host of big name guest actors. But the damage had already been done. Bonnie Langford and Nicola Bryant were terrible though, I admit that.