How to prevent the tok'ra from being exterminated

Pacoloco

as you all know the tok'ra are a dying race.

Why the hell don't they just mate whit each other, the offspring will not have a tok'ra snake in their heads, but they will however have the genetic memory of the snakes... And alot o potenciall hosts...

SPOILER for "Absolute Power"

< SPOILER for "Absolute Power">

Because as shown in "Absolute Power" the genetic memory of the Goa'uld seems to include the genetic tendency for arrogance, despotism and tyranny. The question becomes, is this a result of sarcophagus use (which we see in "Need" causes these symptoms) by both the parents (and therefore would not occur to Harcesis children of two Tok'ra) or is it induced simply by being the child of two blended parents (and therefore would occur).

We don't quite know enough to answer the above, but, it could certainly be an option.

First thing's first, make Jacob their leader. Since Martuf died, he's the only damn one that I trust.

You'd trust Jacob?

I think he'd stuff humanity for the greater good of the Tok'ra every time!!

Gen Carter has been anything but a Tau'ri cheerleader since he became host to Selmak. He has been deeply critical of the Tau'ri on several occasions, specifically Exodus, Tangent and Descent. It should also be considered that Selmak can take control of Gen Carter at will and is likely to be less sympathetic to Earth in a conflict of interests.

Originally posted by gland
Based on what?
As per Sindri, but also on a number of occasions he's rapidly left single members for dead, instead saying the mission is more important. I'm positive he'd do the same if it came down to Earth OR the Tok'ra planet being eliminated.... I think he'd view the Tok'ra as having more chance of defeating the Goa'uld than all of humanity, since only a very small part even know the Gate exists...

Re: SPOILER for "Absolute Power"

Originally posted by PTeppic
< SPOILER for "Absolute Power">

Because as shown in "Absolute Power" the genetic memory of the Goa'uld seems to include the genetic tendency for arrogance, despotism and tyranny. The question becomes, is this a result of sarcophagus use (which we see in "Need" causes these symptoms) by both the parents (and therefore would not occur to Harcesis children of two Tok'ra) or is it induced simply by being the child of two blended parents (and therefore would occur).

We don't quite know enough to answer the above, but, it could certainly be an option.

actualy that is true but only about the goa'uld, the harsesis was the child of to evil symbiotes, so the child of two good symbiotes should be naturally good shouldnt it?

Re: Re: SPOILER for "Absolute Power"

Originally posted by kylestargater
actualy that is true but only about the goa'uld, the harsesis was the child of to evil symbiotes, so the child of two good symbiotes should be naturally good shouldnt it?
My post contained a question about the nature of genetic memory, arrogance/evil and its causes, and therefore was applicable to both Goa'uld and Tok'ra.

The harcesis himself showed Daniel that even someone who means well will eventually be lured by the power and become corrupt. That is why Oma Desala is shielding his own memories from him.

Back