DALEKS - Top Villains!

AVON

Found this interesting item in a copy of the "METRO" Free paper - dated 17th October, 2003.

Same issue also has a -60 Second Interview with TOM BAKER, in it too!

www.metro.co.uk

Exterminating all other TV villains

For decades, they sent youngsters scurrying behind sofas simply by uttering their famous catchphrase 'exterminate, exterminate'.
Now, Dr Who's arch-enemies the Daleks have been named the most evil TV villains of all time in a poll of viewers. The survey, for a wine-maker Lindemans, turned up a host of favourites in other catagories.
Sean Bean's fearless character Major Richard Sharpe was named best hero, while Inspector Morse, played by John Thaw, was the top detective. Robert Carlyle's Albie Kinsella in the Craker series, was the scariest killer, while the Larkins in the Darling Buds Of May were named best TV family. The romance between Rachel Ward and Richard Chamberlain in The Thorn Birds was a sizzler, but Colin Firth oozed most sex appeal as Mr Darcy in Pride And Predjdice.

As, it was for a wine company - guess, that with some of those choices, some of the folks where like our dear old friend, "VILA" more than a little under the influence!

"CHEERS!" :rolly2:

The Daleks & Cybermen were my favourite Who villains.Colin.<*>.

davros.gif

cydance.gif

Speaking of Daleks and it appears to be bad news. :(

It seems that the BBC and the estate of Terry Nation had a falling out regarding the Daleks, which currently results in a situation that would make it (legally) impossible for the Daleks to appear in the new Dr. Who series. :( If this is true, then it's a huge shame. No one in England doesn't know what a dalek is, it's the 'Beam me up Scotty' of Dr. Who!

Go here for the article.

Man that blows big time.

-csâ„¢

Remembering that Terry Nation was responsible for most of the Beebs Sci/Fi output one way or other, let us hope they are the only item there a fall out over?

Doctor Who has a lot of good enemies, I think it could survive missing the Daleks for a year or two.