Voyager - did they?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Did they finally get home in the last episode of Voyager?

If so - what happened? All in one piece, all crew surviving? Or a tragedy?

Or left loose-ended, still floating through space retracing the adventures of the Odyssey as the original series did?

PLEASE CLEARLY MARK OUT SPOILERS!!!

I said:
Did they finally get home in the last episode of Voyager?

If so - what happened? All in one piece, all crew surviving? Or a tragedy?

Or left loose-ended, still floating through space retracing the adventures of the Odyssey as the original series did?

PLEASE CLEARLY MARK OUT SPOILERS!!!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

:( :mad: :( :mad:
The story goes that they made it home, with the original crew, mostly intact. Seven of Nine was dead however (she had been in a relationship with Chacotaty). Touvak had a serious mental degeneration, which could have been reversed if he could have been gotten to Vulcan in time. Therefore, janeway goes back, in time, to help the ship get home more quickly. She takes new antiborg technology with her, and using the borg transwarp conduits get them home, I think but stand to be corrected, ten years earlier than they should have done. with the older Janeway dying and taking the borg queen with her in the process.
They really messed up big time on the time paradoxes in that one, as with the original old captain dying, who would go back? it was the tech that they picked up on their way home which enable the anti borg tech, therefore, without that jorney, they could not have had the tech...
It was an exciting, if predictable episode (double) but a bit of a cop out.

Which Star Trek character is this?
attachment.php

Attachments

• tokage5.jpg
    tokage5.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,609
Thanks Princess Ivy - I think I'd heard something about Jayneway going back and saving them all, but wasn't sure. Overall, bad scripting and - omigosh, not understanding of time paradoxes - sounds pretty standard fare, unfortunately. :(

LOL
Yep, for Trek, but thats part of the fun, and doesn't, generally, stop me from enjoying it none the less.

I think the idea was, Janeway who returned went back in time, and when her past self died and took the Borg Queen down, the one from the future just took over, got them to install the technologies and took them home again...it just turns into a sort of time loop...

I do know that as the various series cross over sometimes (Ben Sisko and Cpt.Picard having a friendly chat aboard DS9 and such), I've seen a couple of episodes from TNG or DS9, can't remember which, where one of the offisers is having a video conference with ADMIRAL Janeway...But don't hold me to that...:)

I wonder why it is that ultimately great shows end up losing it in the end? It was a poor ending to an otherwise great show. Somehow I keep saying that a lot these days. Why can't the in the end just let characters die? It happens in real life. Why go messing with the past/future etc. in these kinds of shows? To me it gets rather boring very quickly.

The last 2 episodes Endgame I & Endgame II were shown on Sky one this weekend and then again this morning so it will probably be shown this weekend on Sky Mix - Sunday from 12 - 2pm 3 July

kyektulu said:
Yes Janeway sacrificed her future self to get them home 10 years earlier and stop 7of9 from dying... jolly nice of her.

but of course she didn't, because she got back years earlier thanks to advanced tech from her future self, who wasn't her future self, because her future had now changed, so that future self didn't exist and so couldn't have gone back in time to help her.

I love the time paradox :)

Deep Space Nine was also pretty good though IIRC

I didn't quite like the ending of TNG, but that's only because of Q (I hate Q) and that fugly 'pimped enterprise' the future Riker uses to blast things like superior Klingon warships to pieces

DS9 had the best series ending of all 5 trek incarnations.

TOS just stopped, TNG was all focussed on Picard rather than the whole crew which was a bit biassed, Voy had a fairly good try but lost it with the multiple paradoxes and Enterprise ended with a TNG episode!

DS9 had an epic space battle, mystery and intrigue with the whole Prophet/Wraith storyline and there was a definite "Goodbye" ending in Vic's lounge in the holosuite.