Remembrance of the Daleks

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Starring Silvester McCoy

London 1963: The first Doctor is forced to leave Earth, after two teachers from his granddaughter's school discover the TARDIS, disguised as a police box, sitting in a junkyard...

This story uses the premise that the Doctor left unfinished business behind.

London 1963: The Seventh Doctor returns -- with new companion Ace in tow .

Not for the first time, unusual events are unfolding at Coal Hill School and at Tatters Lane junkyard. The Doctor discovers that his oldest foes - the Daleks - are on the trail of hidden Time Lord technology. Technology that he himself left behind on Earth all those years ago. The Daleks are planning to perfect their own time-travel capability, in order to unleash themselves across all of time and space. Can the Doctor - with the help of the local military - stop the Daleks from stealing Gallifreyan secrets? Or are things much more complicated?

Two opposing Dalek factions meet in an explosive confrontation, with the fate of the entire universe at stake...

I've not seen all the Seventh Doctor's outings, but this has got to be the best of them.

Yep, another great episode. Not to mention the most recent Dalek episode made, and one of the best.

A couple of unique things I remember was that I think this is the only episode where the doctor actually gets the Tardis re-materialisation circuit working properly and is able to change the Tardis into something other than a Police box.

Also we see several new Daleks including the 'special weapons Dalek'