How fascinating are the Maya?!

Marty2k

I came across an article on MSN.com today about Mel Gibson’s next movie. Set in Central America and to be filmed in Veracruz, Mexico, it deals with a Maya family before the Spanish conquest of the 1500s. And it will be spoken in a Maya tongue called Yucateco, used throughout the Yucatan of Mexico. To read the article... click here.

In the novel Tractrix, R.J. Archer’s fascination with the Maya and their secrets drives the story, and much of it takes place in the Yucatan and several of its Maya cities.

The current Maya calendar ends Dec. 21, 2012, but there is a lot of conjecture about that date and its meaning. Will it be the start of a NEW Maya calendar or the apocalyptic end of mankind? Whatever you believe, much can be studied about the Maya and there’s still much to unravel about their ancestry and their uncanny knowledge of mathematics and astronomy. The characters in Tractrix suggest the Maya insights were the result of a little “help.â€

mayan

Some research suggests that the Maya were one of the civilizations that were settled-or rather influenced-by the remnants of Atlantis-along with Egypt and several others-Many of their statues are European/African in appearance and bare no resemblance to the local population. They are very interesting indeed!

Isn't there said to be an Olmec influence?

Yes. I'm curious about your work, so I'll follow your links.

For more reading on the subject, visit R.J. Archer's blog at www.nwidi.org/TheMegaBlog. He suggests a link with the earlier Olmec... and his novels add a SciFi twist...an alien link to the Olmec. But sometimes fact is stranger than fiction and it would be great to know the real truth.
Tractrix, by the way, can be found in online bookstores.

(Just corrected the link above! sorry.)

Marty2K

Thanks for the info-I truly believe that what has been portrayed as fiction is more often fact The problem has been that if the fiction strays too far from dogma, it is given the fiction or myth label. I think that we are reaching a stage in history where the ancient prophecy, "all that is hidden will be revealed" is rapidly approaching.

Talk to you later.