Questions On Star Trek: Voyager

Whitestar

1) In the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Living Witness", at the end of the episode it shows a woman playing a recording to a group of people, how many years later is this?

2) After the star trek voyager episode Deadlock the real Harry Kim has died and is replaced by an alternate reality version of him, the same with Naomi Wildman right?

Whitestar

I'm not sure about the first question. According to David McIntee's "Delta Quadrant, the unofficial guide to Voyager", Living Witness takes place 700 years in the future, but I can't find anything to suggests how much later the scene you mention occurs.

Question 2. In Deadlock both Kim and Naomi Wildman die, and are replaced by their counterparts from a duplication of Voyager created by the spatial anomaly of the week - not a Voyager from an alternate universe.

I have one:

In "Pathfinder", Reg has a cat called Neelix, his holodeck programme features some of the crew of the Maquis vessel, Tuvok appears in Starfleet Uniform and the EMH is in operation. When Voyager was lost, no-one in the Alpha Quadrant knew of Neelix's existence - much less his new role as cook on Voyager; no-one knew that the Maquis crew would merge with Voyager's; Tuvok was still on board Chakotay's ship; and no-one knew that Voyager's original doctor was killed in their first mission.

How could Reg have made these adjustments to the holodeck programme of Voyager without knowing any of the above facts much less name his cat after Neelix!?

You are forgetting 'Eye of the Needle' when the Romulan from 20 years in the past agrees to pass on messages from the crew after Voyager is lost. :D

I think you will find that in one episode (Ship in a bottle?) the doctor was sent to a federation ship with the EMH2 using the Hirogen network.

This is where the info would have passed on - the doctor does report that he talked with an admiral on his return and informed them about the crew status.

Stuck a 7 hour flight from my collection so cannot be more accurate at this time.

You could always do what I am about to do and look up an episode synopsis online to confirm.

As I recall the fellow who agreed to take the messages was lost and that effort was unsuccessful. But the communications setup they establish would answer the question, were it not for the fact that communications time is limited and only important messages are sent, not "You ought to try out like Neelix's grub". Speaking of time problems, the poser of this question was putting out his distress signal in October 2004.

ahhh living witness one of my fav episodes. I wish it had been a two parter.