Doctor Who novels...

Robertbert

Ka-Chow!!...
Oh...I have a bit of an odd sense of humour...Sorr
Anyone else read any?...If so, which ones?...And which do you recommend?...

I have what could be described as a few...Well maybe more than a few...Buut I have barely scratched the surface of them, so I was wondering - as I'm going to start ploughing through them - what anyone else thinks, and I'll root around and see if I have it/them!!...

Just thought I'd say in case you think I'm being really dumb:D ...I got given a load by a mate so that's why I'm not sure what's in the box...

I've read a couple of the new Doctor Who books plus an old one- The Resurrection Casket, I Am A Dalek and Nightshade- and to be honest, I didn't like any of them. It's always the same with me- whatever media something is first, should stay like it. I didn't like the Harry Potter movies or Lord of the Rings, but I love the books. And the fact that Doctor Who started off as television...the books just seem a bit naff.

I got given a load by a mate so that's why I'm not sure what's in the box...

Robertbert,
Were you given old Dr Who novels, or new ones? I've got loads of the old ones at home, originally bought by one of my elder brothers when they first came out, and some of them are actually pretty good, though they are mostly pretty short - more novellas than novels, really. I don't know about the new ones though - not read any of those except the "Quick Read" one called "I am a Dalek", which I read to my son. It was OK, but didn't really seem to me to reflect the feeling of the TV series itself.

Well it’s all personnel chose but my favourite top two Doctor Who books are-

The Last Days by Evan Pritchard found in "Short Trips: A collection of Short Stories" published by the BBC, this has the first doctor, Susan, Barbara & Ian, involved in the ancient Roman siege of Masada.
And "The Legacy of the Daleks" by John Peel published by the BBC. This story is set 30 years after the Dalek invasion of the earth. It has the eight Doctor, Susan & an old enemy (other than the Daleks).
You could visit the web site outpost gallifrey – reviews section, but books are so personnel, One person might think one book they read was amazing but I think that it’s a waste of paper.
I’ve read some of the New Doctor Who books, The Stone Rose, I am a Dalek.- Both OK.
Might be worth a trip to the library to see what you can get your hands on.

The stone Rose, stealers of dreams,monsters Inside and the art of destruction are good books :D

Do spill the beans, Faery Queen - who's your friend? And is this one of the new novels they wrote, or the old ones?

One of my tutors on the writing course I was on a couple of weeks back writes Dr Who novels, amongst other stuff, and he's got one coming out in September, so I guess I'm going to have to buy it now...