Cinema showing Star Wars films?

DANNY_P1

Anyone know where i can go and see any of the star wars films in the cinema? Basis in&around London.

My 6 year old daughter is now my Padawan. We have watched all 6 films in order 3 times now, from number 1. The Phatom Menace onwards. Now we need to see them on the big screen.

May the force be with you,
Danny

I don't know if cinemas are showing them anymore, your best bet would be to look online at their future showings. Unless there's one doing "classic" films, I doubt you'd find one.

One good alternative to the cinema, I've found, is borrowing or renting a widescreen projector, and setting up a surround sound system. All you need is a PC with a DVD player and you're off. A white sheet on a wall will do and you get your own personal cinema :p
All that stuff is usually readily available from any old techno head you know.

any other ideas?

yes, i could borrow a projector and set up surround sound system...but....
but.....going to the cinema, watching it again on the big screen, with big sound, with my little girl....its just so so much better.

just imagine watching them in an IMAX ....wow....how cool would that be!

A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.
Danny

Listen, I can't get involved. I've got work to do. It's not that I like the Empire; I hate it. But there's nothing I can do about it right now... It's all such a long way from here.

Danny

Lucas will be re-releasing the movies at the cinema to coincide with the 30th anniversary, I think (next year, right?). I heard he's going to adapt them to the 3D technology, but I've not heard anything on this for a while.

Lucas will be re-releasing the movies at the cinema to coincide with the 30th anniversary, I think (next year, right?). I heard he's going to adapt them to the 3D technology, but I've not heard anything on this for a while.

That would be sooooo cool! I got to see them in the theater in '97 for the first time! I would love to see them again in the theater.:D

I only saw the first one of the three in 97. But it would be cool seeing them again on the big screen. Some classics never die.

3-D Conversion of Nightmare Marks Trend

Wednesday October 18, 2006

The debut of Tim Burton's THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS in Disney Digital 3-D on Oct. 20, 2006, comes on the heels of the long run of SUPERMAN RETURNS, which had scenes converted to IMAX 3-D. With word that STAR WARS, enhanced by similar conversion perhaps for next year in honor of the 30th anniversary, this trend gains real momentum.

Along with the recent success of 3D-animated films, from POLAR EXPRESS to OPEN SEASON, 3-D has captured the viewer’s imagination.
However, it is conversion of existing library films that first sparked the imagination of inventor and computer graphics pioneer David M. Geshwind, president of Three-Dimensional Media Group Ltd. 3DMG licensed two U.S. patents to IMAX to enable their conversion of films to 3-D.

Geshwind believes 3-D conversion offers a "unique opportunity to bring blockbusters back into theaters with something new to offer. Consider the box-office that a relatively low-cost re-release in 3-D of E.T., INDIANA JONES, HARRY POTTER, LORD OF THE RINGS, THE MATRIX or even THE TEN COMMENCEMENTS would bring to theaters.

However, for new live-action films, with only a few weeks between the completion of a 2-D film and its release, there is not enough time to economically convert a two-hour film to 3-D using our original process. IMAX converted only 20 minutes of SUPERMAN RETURNS. We have worked hard to solve that problem, and developed advanced patent-pending technology to convert an entire film to 3-D for simultaneous day-and-date release with the 2-D version.

Library films can be converted at leisure, but what excites me now is the ability to show an entire new live-action film in 3-D on the same day as its 2-D release. We look forward to licensing the first such production with our new technology soon."

However, the ablilty to convert to 3D is insignificant next to the power of the force.
Danny

So Master Danny, does your daughter dress up like a padawan from the episodes? My friend's brother was heavy into The Phantom Menace, and went around with a Darth Maul costume. Scared the you know what outta my mom.

no costumes yet, but her 6th birthday is coming up and i have gone a little ebay crazy. 6 space ships and 75 little people later. mate...you should see the "Millenium Falcon"....its seriously a cool toy. its almost 2 foot long & got all these struts 'n ramps 'n radars 'n guns 'n cubby holes 'n stuff. why didn't i have one of these when i was a kid?
ebay is overflowing with star was items. in fact 23,975 items on ebay uk alone.

and another strange fact about ebay....there are 77,619 pairs of shoes for sale on the uk site! who the hell buys shoes on ebay? who in their right mind would buy secondhand shoes on ebay? secondhand shoes? think about it! imagine walking around in some dead mans shoes. i don't care how cheap they are....THEY ARE DEAD MANS SHOES. NO! it's not right!
and....who collects all these dead peoples shoes?
thats a lot of dead people...where did the dead people come from?

anyway i digress quite seriously, I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Just a note about the 3D films... I went and saw Superman Returns in 3D at the IMAX in town. I have to say it was hit and miss.

There were about four 3D sequences, and though they were interesting, they also lacked quality. The 3D scenes were blurry at the edges and sometimes distracted from the film. Also, the IMAX is too big for watching the whole screen at once, ESPECIALLY when the edges are blurry.

So yeah, 3D is fun, but imo it's not better. Like the Dark Side.

PS - Danny, as a fan, you might find this interesting, if you've not seen it already :)

Star Wars Gangsta Rap

I'm your father!

re star wars gansta rap

nice

Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?

Back