Julian May - New(er) works

JDP

Never told a lie. Ever.
JDP's current whereabouts are unknown, but reports
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but:

I really enjoyed the Saga of the Exiles & the Galactic Mileu series. I have seen some other, newer series by Julian May (Iron Crown something or something like that I think).

Has anyone read them and would they recommend?

Cheers!

Yes, its the Boreal Moon series:
Well worth reading, in my opinion - if I had to label it, I'd call it High Fantasy.
The links go to reviews with some spoilers, by the way, so be aware!

I really enjoyed the Pleistocene exile series, so I was excited to see this new series. Alas, I could not get into the first book. It seemed to me to read rather like a soap opera.
Maybe I'll have to give it another try sometime.

There's also the Rampart Worlds books, if you prefer harder SF:
  • Perseus Spur (New York: Ballantine, 1999). ISBN 0-345-39510-7. (First published 1998 in UK.)
  • Orion Arm (New York: Ballantine, 1999). ISBN 0-345-39519-0.
  • Sagittarius Whorl: An Adventure of the Rampart Worlds (New York: Ballantine, 2001). ISBN 0-345-39518-2.
Reviews( beware spoilers)
  • Again, worth reading - not particularly demanding, but a pleasant way to spend some time.
  • I don't honestly think that she's done anything as good as the Galactic Milieu books yet - but time will tell.

There's also the Rampart Worlds books, if you prefer harder SF

I read the first two "Rampart Worlds" books a few years ago. They were readable but extremely average and I never got around to reading the final book in the series. It was certainly nowhere near as good as the best of the Exiles/Milieu books.

I have Conqueror's Moon - but I have to admit I haven't read it yet... it was a freebie when I joined a book club and I keep forgetting I have it to read...

To be honest, I probably never will get round to reading it... If anybody wants it, they can have it lol, just give me a buzz