Post your Technology Bookmarks List

All the ones that you check on a daily basis?! Do you sleep, man?

Out of those, I check:

IGN
1UP
GameSpot
GameTrailers

I'll follow links to Engadget from Gmail, and Kotaku and Joystiq from the odd games site. And I've visited a few of the sites from Google searches.

Ones you don't have on your list that I check:

PSU
Scan, Aria (UK versions of Newegg)
Geekologie

And those that I get e-mails from:

CNET
ZDNet
Tech Republic
AnchorDesk

Other than that, I've got the odd AnandTech review (8800GT), and a few reviews of the Asus Striker II Extreme mobo and Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution (nVidia edition) case from various sites.

Oh, and ComputerActive (a basic PC mag). And mustn't forget Tech Support Guy - forums for tehc help. It's occasionally fun to go on and see what problems people are having. :)

I blame it on my obsessive-compulsiveness. I've totally compartmentalized my day. I check each one, reading only the stories I'm interested in and moving on very quickly. I never allow myself to veg too long. Unless I'm here, of course...

(Edit: I like the layout of that last site you listed; I especially like the Jargon Buster.)

ComputerActive?

Although it's somewhat basic, it is interesting. They've got some good downloads, and they sometimes have some really good articles and workshops. And yes, the Jargon Buster is a nice feature (particularly if you need to explain something to a technophobe).

Last edited:
Good ol' XS. I haven't been there or to Hard[OCP] in a while. I'd probably feel totally out of place if I attempted to join in those communities again.

Some of the oldies are dieing off, SysOpt for example is nearly dead. Haven't been to Hard[OCP] for a year or more.

Amazingly its many of the same basic solutions with different chips and newer products.

Enjoy!

I think there was a different culture in the "old days" than there is now. Of course, things always change, but as hardware manufacturers have made it easier and more accessible for anyone to overclock the whole hardware enthusiast camp has gotten a bit diluted. That probably sounds elitist, but it's not that; I just don't find there to be any challenge in it anymore, and I think the same goes for most of the older crowd.

(I think we've had this conversation before, lol)

So, on topic: uhm...check out...er...Hack This Site!

I think there was a different culture in the "old days" than there is now. Of course, things always change, but as hardware manufacturers have made it easier and more accessible for anyone to overclock the whole hardware enthusiast camp has gotten a bit diluted. That probably sounds elitist, but it's not that; I just don't find there to be any challenge in it anymore, and I think the same goes for most of the older crowd.

(I think we've had this conversation before, lol)

So, on topic: uhm...check out...er...Hack This Site!

"We believe everyone should have free access to all information."

Does that include my bank account? :p

Back