More of a Question for My Mom...

Rinman

More Machine than Human
I'm a very picky novel reader, yet I have endless
How many R. A. Salvatore books are there out there?

She picked one up when we went out on my birthday for herself and she didn't really want to (What tends to happen is when she starts a new author she ends up having to buy all that author's writings - she was a Danielle Steel fan (romance novelist) for a long time...dear god that was horrible the number of books she had by her).

I was just looking at the shelves at McNally Robinson and I was like...uhm...Salvatore...Salvatore...next row...

Salvatore...oh god...Salva...I quit.

At least 30 or 40. You could google his name and find out something closer to the actual number.

Pffft. You think that's bad? Just be glad it's not Ellison's 75+ books; or Moorcock's 100+... or Asimov's 400+... (though it is true the last includes his sf, fantasy, anthologies he edited, books on Shakespeare, the Bible, and Gilbert & Sullivan, not to mention his very numerous books on science.....)

Pffft. You think that's bad? Just be glad it's not Ellison's 75+ books; or Moorcock's 100+... or Asimov's 400+... (though it is true the last includes his sf, fantasy, anthologies he edited, books on Shakespeare, the Bible, and Gilbert & Sullivan, not to mention his very numerous books on science.....)

...and his several volume autobiography, which (if I remember correctly) includes at least one really bad story which not even he could convince anyone else to publish! :eek:

I guess in this case thankfully she only reads fantasy...

The reason why she stopped reading Danielle Steel is because it was the same thing over and over: Two people meet, fall in love...use your imagination. Then what happens is the next book is just the names and locations change names, tweak the storyline a little, and there's another book.

...and his several volume autobiography, which (if I remember correctly) includes at least one really bad story which not even he could convince anyone else to publish! :eek:

Hmmm... was this "Big Game"? If so, that was in (iirc) Before the Golden Age... a rather massive anthology of pre-Campbellian sf which was also (along with The Early Asimov) done as something of an autobiography of sorts....

I ask because I've not read the autobiography volumes since they each came out, and nothing like that is ringing a bell at the moment. (Which probably means, about 4 a.m., I'll wake out of a sound sleep, and say: "Of course! He meant....", and then not be able to go back to sleep again....:rolleyes: