Fantasy Suggestion

Delvor

Hello, I'm looking for as the title suggests a fantasy book with assassins playing a heavy part.
I've read Brent Weeks Night angel trilogy and Robin Hobbs Royal Assassin books and enjoyed them both.

Any Suggestions appreciated

Well you sure chose to start with strong books. I am actually only a few pages from finishing the Night Angel Trilogy and have really enjoyed them. Hobb for me is a rare delight and have a hard time finding many books up to par with her Farseer books. I would recommend Scott Lynch, even though it is not as much assassin as con men. He has that real feeling to them and as long as you don't mind characters dropping the "F" bomb every few pages (which you shouldnt after reading Brent Weeks) you should enjoy.

Of course, like everyone else on here, I would also recommend trying Joe Ambercrombie...one of the most enjoyable new series I have read in a long time.

On the note of new authors, my favorite new author is Brandon Sanderson. I read Elantris, the Mistborn series and Warbreaker and loved every second of them

Good luck, I know based on recommendations from this site, I will never finish my TBR pile!

Hard to beat Waylander by David Gemmell for heroic fantasy assassin "hero".

I seem to remember enjoying The Assassins of Tamurin by S. D. Tower.

And if you want a YA book, there is Imperial Assassin, by our own Mark Robson.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.
I wouldn't call it a strong start as I almost only read fantasy ;) I find its usually the most well written of fiction.

I've been running out of ideas and thought as I'd liked the night Angel trilogy so much I would ask if there are any others in the same sort of vein as it were.

I have read Most Gemmel including the two Waylander books and enjoyed them a lot, I've also read all of Scott Lynch and Joe Abercrombie's books and eagerly await what comes next hoping that a certain gentleman ******* will solve his problem. :)

I hadn't heard of the others you guys have suggested so I'll take a look at them. My break from the fantasy genre has been a little too long at 3 books especially when its taking me a while to finish Matter by Iain M. Banks. The other two were some pulp action thriller which reminded me why I concentrate on fantasy reading.

Once again many thanks, will try and find some of these books.

Lian Hearn's Otori series is about a hero that was born from a Ninja assassins clan. Its set in Alternate history Japan, its a YA who are well written. Its not about Ninja assassins only but they have a big part of the story cause of the assassin skills he got from them.