Gail Z. Martin

biodroid

A.D.D.
Picked up a secondhand copy of The Summoner, still need to read it. Anyone read this? What are your thoughts on it and her as an author?

I have read the first 3 books - The summoner,Dark Haven and the blood King quite a while ago I enjoyed them quite a lot there is a 4th one coming out at some point.

i'll take the other side of the table then: not quite my thing, i'm afraid. the characters are interchangeable, and the story rings some "mid-level module" bells for me. the actual magic side of it is well-written and thought out, but i can't say i'd want to read the whole series.

The blurb made it sound interesting, looks like a quick read as the font is a bit bigger than standard. Is she at least decent, not like Goodkind or Brooks?

I've just started reading The Summoner and the pages do fly by. Nice and fast paced but very little depth so far.

Gail's work is amazing, in my opinion. I've read quite a bit of fantasy and she is one of my favorites. So far, I've read the first three books and liked them all, but The Summoner is a really great debut. Epic world, epic storyline, fabulous characters. Keep an eye out for Jonmarc Vahanian, Ban Soterius, and the Vayash Moru, they are the best!

I'm just about finished with the 3rd book and i'm enjoying it. I have the 4th to wait.

It's nice and easy to read with some nice, fast paced action going on.

I'd say she's worth the read.