WorldCon 2010 Hugo Nomniees, Ballots etc.

GOLLUM

Hi all,

I thought I would make this a seperate thread as the Hugo Awards are a fairly integral part of WorldCon (September 2-6 2010) and details are available on the AussieCon4 website.

VOTING FOR THE HUGO AWARDS 2010 ENDS 31 July 2010 23:59 PDT

*NB You must either be an attending or supporting member of WorldCon 2010 to vote in the Hugos.

*NB You can now vote online (see below links).

MEMBERSHIP
To become a supporting or attending member, the membership forms/process is via:

AussieCon4 :: Membership

HUGO NOMINEES
The Hugo Nominees in addition to the John W Campbell Award nominees are:

AussieCon4 :: Hugo Awards

Hugo Voter Pack
This year they are providing a "Hugo Voter Pack" that contains complete samples (in most cases) of several of the nominees. Seems like they have the Novel category fully covered and most of the Novella category. The remaining "bits and bobs" is a little scattered.
*NB Most of these may be viewed online via the Hugo Nominees page.

VOTING

*NB VOTING FOR THE HUGO AWARDS 2010 ENDS 31 July 2010 23:59 PDT

Ballot Paper (Online voting)

*NB There are 12 categories in total that may be voted on. As reading ALL the works available can be quite a challenge both financially and timewise, I personally tend to focus on the "main" categories incl. Novel, Novella, Novellete, Short Story and John W. Campbell awards. For most of the other sections I just try my best to research on the net and see what I can source locally. Admittedly voting for the Hugos can amount to a fair level of commitment but it's also a great opportunity to sample some of the very good work being done in SFF.

Aussiecon 4

Hope this proves useful for those planning to attend this year's event or support it from afar...:)

Last edited: