artemis fowl

darkknight96

does any one know when artemis fowl 8 book is releasing or when the AF movie is coming out?
i just love artemis fowl and im really eager to know wen its comin out!
wishing one and all a happy new year!!:)

No idea myself, but I'll move this to Young Adult Fiction and we'll see if anyone who frequents that forum might know.

There are eight now? Ruddy hell, the last one I read was the fourth one, although now that I think about it, I do recall one about a werewolf (mayhap) after wards, and perhaps Atlantis?

OK, googling time...

Well, that's sorted things a little. The only thing I can see about the next book is that the seventh book, the Atlantis Complex, is the penultimate, and Colfer intends the next book to be the last in the series. And that it won't be out for a few years...

As to the film, I can't see (although this is only a brief glance over) anything beyond rumours and speculation, really. It sounds like there is work on getting one produced, but films even far down the production line can suddenly fall flat.

No idea myself, but I'll move this to Young Adult Fiction and we'll see if anyone who frequents that forum might know.

Hmm, young adult fiction: I really enjoy the AF books, does that make me a Young Adult? (At heart, anyway...)

The film seems interminably delayed due to Weinstein/Disney wrangling, (although they say they've sorted that out) which is really surprising as there's about to be a void ready to be filled when the last Harry Potter comes out this year...

Book eight? Never even 'eard of it...

They should really pick up their marketing cuz I didnt know there was and 8 or 7or 6 or 5 lol

From the wiki:

There are seven novels in the series so far;[2] the first was published in 2001[2] and the seventh on 20 July 2010.[2] A film based on the series is also in development, although most details are unclear.[3] The series has sold over 18 million copies as of June 2008. In a live webcast 'Eoin Colfer Virtually Live' to promote the release of the seventh book on 20 July 2010, Eoin Colfer stated that he currently plans for the eighth, as of yet untitled, book to be the last in the series.