RIP Brian Jacques...

Oh no! Loved the Redwall books. Still have all the old ones too. :(

How sad. I've not read the Redwall books as something to read to Perp jr., when he was a little older. It is still something I will do. I'm sure both of us will love them.

No way.

They were fantastic. He really kept me interested in reading when I was growing up. I have the first 12 or so Redwall books and will keep the ones I bought against the time of having children.

No other author has ever made me as hungry!

Oh no. :(

I loved those books as a child. I think they're a major part of the reason I became such a foodie.

Very sad to hear about this, I loved the Redwall books, probably my favourite books as a child and helped me into a lifetime of reading.

Oh no, a legend passes on. But he had a good innings I reckon, and I hope a happy life with his family.
From the age of about 10 to 13 he was perhaps my favourite author. I think I read at least the first 8. I read Mossflower first and totally loved it. Martin the Warrior eh. What a book. They had a similar theme in each book but were a joy.
I remember persuading a girl (11) to buy Mossflower when the school had a book sale come in. She read the first ten pages and said how silly it was. She persevered, then a few days later she said it was the best book she ever read. :) If only more people I knew now still read books and would enjoy recommendations so much.