Patricia Briggs - Her Books

rune

rune
She's been mentioned in general threads but I couldnt find a main thread to discuss her all her books

I have managed to review some of her books on my blog I'm enjoying her werewolve series.
I have all the Mercy Thompson books and two of the Alpha and Omega books

Mercedes Thompson
1. Moon Called (2006)
2. Blood Bound (2007)
3. Iron Kissed (2008)
4. Bone Crossed (2009)
5. Silver Borne (2010)
6. River Marked (2011)

Alpha and Omega
1. Cry Wolf (2008)
2. Hunting Ground (2009)
3. Fair Game (2012)

She has published some other series, Ive only read Raven's Shadow and wasn't as impressed with that one

Sianim
1. Masques (1993)
2. Wolfsbane (2010)
3. Steal the Dragon (1995)
4. When Demons Walk (1998)
Masques / Wolfsbane (omnibus) (2011)

Hurog
1. Dragon Bones (2002)
2. Dragon Blood (2002)

Raven duology
1. Raven's Shadow (2004)
2. Raven's Strike (2005)

Novels
The Hob's Bargain (2001)

I've read two of her books: one of was ok (Moon Called), while the other was just awful (Cry wolf).

I have only read the Mercy Thompson books. I am in love and get very edgy when I am waiting for the next book. The alpha and omega books, I haven't heard too much about them to know if they are worth reading. Rune, you should let me know if they are as good as the Mercy series.

I've read the first two books of her Alpha and Omega series and written a couple of reviews -
http://croftfantasyreads.blogspot.com/search/label/Patricia Briggs

I personally enjoyed them. It's based around Charles one of the Marrock's son's :D

I really like the Mercy Thompson series. It's refreshing to read a fantasy series where the female protagonist is not white (with Mercy being part Native American). In fact, I found the Mercy Thompson series in a blog post that focused on POC in fantasy.

But apart from that, I like the series because it's well-written, with interesting plots and good characterisation, especially Mercy herself. And I love Madea the cat. We definitely need more Madea!

*Mild spoiler ahead*

Briggs's writing hit a high point for me in books 3 & 4, where Mercy endured that horrific ordeal that left her emotionally shattered. There was one part, where she's in Adam's house afterwards, that affected me so deeply that I had to put the book down because I was crying so hard.

I think there are some strong issue dealt with in this series, which as you say is quite emotional at times

I really enjoyed the Mercy Thompson series, I did try another book of hers might have been the Hobb Bargain but I couldn't get into it

I really enjoyed the Mercy Thompson series, I did try another book of hers might have been the Hobb Bargain but I couldn't get into it
I tried to read Hobb Bargain too and couldnt get into it

It struck me as a bit too Enid Blyton Fairies stuff lol, maybe Mercy was her later stuff and she has moved on her style or maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance