A science fiction book Alright, the book is about humans sent to a planet/dimension,

bpharo

Alright, the book is about humans sent to a planet/dimension, where the air is filled with this flux material that can be made into anything that these machine operators can build. These engineers eventually create their own kingdoms where they become almost godlike, and re-form the inhabitants in what the want or believe. ahh...I remember something about the way they arrived was this machine that beamed them through some kind of portal, that they eventually blocked to stop "bad guys" from following them. The story is told through the perspective of a girl selected by her home and community. Well that's about all I can remember. Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: A science fiction book Alright, the book is about humans sent to a planet/dimensi

Ian, That's it! Thank you, I have been trying to remember that title for weeks now, and I have even tried other SciFi forums for help. Best Regards, Bud

Re: A science fiction book Alright, the book is about humans sent to a planet/dimensi

Glad to be of help! :)

A great series -- I thoroughly enjoyed them (particularly the first three).