Iron Sky: Nazis in Space

SFF Chronicles News

14th May 2010 05:18 PM

Darren Allan

Iron-Sky.jpg

A new teaser trailer has arrived for Iron Sky, a film which has a very different sci-fi take on World War II.

If you’re not familiar with Iron Sky, it’s one of those ideas that either gets you immediately shaking your head in disbelief – or drooling with anticipation at the sheer potential brilliance of it all.

The concept is that in the Second World War the Nazis develop anti-gravity technology, and then spaceships which they use to escape to the moon. There they construct a base on the dark side.

And they then spend decades building an invasion fleet – and come the year 2018, a very different Luftwaffe is descending into the Earth’s atmosphere, with the aim of global conquest.

Genius, we reckon. It’s got a gigantic swastika-shaped mothership, which you see in the teaser trailer. Come on – what do you want, blood? Actually, it’s probably got plenty of that, too…

The nearly two minute long teaser video can be viewed at the film’s website: www.ironsky.net

Yes, it’s all very silly, but that’s the idea – this project comes from the same Finns who brought you Star Wreck.

Production begins in September, rumour has it, with a release date slated for early 2011.

The trailer ends with the words: “Get ready to kick some Nazi Arse! Send us your money.” And the last bit isn’t a joke, apparently. There’s a 14% shortfall in the budget – which hopefully isn’t an ominous sign – and fans can invest in the film to make this up.

Just click the invest button on the website, but you’ll need to stump up at least 1,000 Euros. The potential benefits are detailed under the investment section of the site.

It was dreadful.... but I really enjoyed it, it knew what it was and had fun with it

It was muddled to be sure, and didn't quite know what kind of movie it wanted to be, but overall I enjoyed it. Maybe it's just me. :whistle:

Back