E.R. Eddison's works

Mirannan

I read The Worm Ouroboros by this author quite some time ago, and it's brilliant IMHO; comparable to Tolkein albeit different in style. And it's in the public domain and quite easy to get hold of (legally!) in electronic form.

However, the rest of his works, which mostly consist of the Zimiamvia trilogy, don't seem to be available although they are also out of copyright (AFAIK). Does anyone know where I might find them in ebook form? They are currently out of print. (I used to have them all but lost them in a house move quite a while ago.)

I don't see any ebooks available online of any of the three (and I'm not at all sure that the last, at least, is out of copyright (it was originally published in 1958); however, it isn't that difficult to come across one of the various reprint editions for quite a small sum; I've often come upon them for a dollar or two apiece in very good condition. I'd suggest looking around a bit; they're well worth seeking out. (In checking, I found a few copies for as little as $0.01 just now.) Just remember that while the actual internal chronology of the set is rather complex, the best way to read them is: Mistress of Mistresses, A Fish Dinner in Memison, and The Mezentian Gate.....

Harper is in the process of bringing out the entire trilogy this year, in what appear to be (at least online) rather spiffy trade paperbacks. All are available for pre-order at amazon.com, and I imagine other places, too. There's also going to be a Kindle omnibus of all four books, but it's rather pricey (although not so much if you consider that it's four long books).

And all four books and an omnibus of the trilogy are available used, but the prices on those vary from "are you kidding" to "I could get it cheaper in a used book store . . . but I'd have to be lucky enough to find it."

Back