The Flash S116 Rogue Time

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Really enjoying Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell's performances as Captain Cold and Heat Wave. Dante was such a douche-bag. Nice to see Golden Glider show up although the gold gun was a bit much. Kind of disappointing that everything from last week was undone but I guess some of the differences were interesting. I thought the scene with Wells and Cisco was pretty eerie knowing what happened there last time. Great action during the heist scene. Loved the Rogues name drop. Awesome scene with Reverse Flash killing Iris' boss. Barry finally suspicious about Dr. Wells. Preview for next week looks fun.

I kind of felt disappointed by the episode, since as you mention, everything that happened the first time was changed. What I don't understand is why there were not 2 flashes when Barry goes back in time? When he travels back (or will travel back) in time to try to save his mother there are two of him, the adult version and child. Why did the same thing not happen here? Is this an error in their thinking or mine? Time travel can be such a pain sometimes.

This was much better than I was expecting, not least by the immediate way Dr Wells confided that changing the past could result in even worse consequences occurring than what had been stopped.

That didn't happen on a city scale, but it was really great to see the personal consequences to Barry - not least that Iris won't acknowledge feelings for him. The stakes with Cisco were great, and the discussion with Dr Wells was spooky for the way it paralleled last episode's conversation.

The ending was strange - Snow's escuse for Barry was farce, and Barry leapt to the conclusion that there was something not right about Dr Wells a bit abruptly.

Still, at least we have a clear sense of conflict and antagonism developing around Barry and Wells.