What are Your Thoughts on Disney's Ownership of the Marvel And Star Wars Franchises ?

That sums up most of the MCU for me.

The Acolyte tv series wasn't exactly a rating triumph for Disney .

Apparently it tanked due to a vocal minority of sexist, racist, anti-gay so-called fans, not that it suffered from poor scrips and variable acting. So there.

And the above could equally be applied to ‘The Rings Of Power’ (just to show I’m not an Amazon plant)

Apparently it tanked due to a vocal minority of sexist, racist, anti-gay so-called fans, not that it suffered from poor scrips and variable acting. So there.
Funny how this excuse for poor television is trotted out these days, it's never the actors or the writers it's always the fans at fault.

Star Wars and Marvel fans are very hard to please .

No, we're not, Baylor.

With a few exceptions, the stories in Star Wars have ranged from mediocre to awful. Disney have fixated on identity politics, a subject which should be irrelevant in life, let alone movies. The whole "The Force Is Female" aspect that Kathleen Kennedy is trying to push is ridiculous. Women and Girls have never made up a large percentage of the fandom. No wonder they're losing money on these projects.

The Acolyte cost $180 million to make, which is a ridiculous figure. Who thought they'd get their money back on that one? Disney are not taking accountability for their poor choices and blaming the fans is never a good way to go.

Are there toxic fans? Of course there are, but most of us a decent people who are tired of the disrespect being shown to us and George Lucas.

I'd say the same for Marvel as everything after End-Game was also poor.

Last edited:
No, we're not, Baylor.

With a few exceptions, the stories in Star Wars have ranged from mediocre to awful. Disney have fixated on identity politics, a subject which should be irrelevant in life, let alone movies. The whole "The Force Is Female" aspect that Kathleen Kennedy is trying to push is ridiculous. Women and Girls have never made up a large percentage of the fandom. No wonder they're losing money on these projects.
Ive noticed that. When I watch a film or a tv series , I want forget the world for a while and want to be entertained and not preached to. I get enough of that from the news which I can no large stand to watch.

The Acolyte cost $180 million to make, which is a ridiculous figure. Who thought they'd get their money back on that one. Disney are not taking accountability for their poor choices and blaming the fans is never a good way to go.
And as it turned out, money not well spent . The few clips that I did see made me not want to watch it at all.

Are there toxic fans? Of course there are, but most of us a decent people who are tired of the disrespect being shown to us and George Lucas.
I can believe that and , for the record I have nothing against Star Wars fans . As for George Lucas , my respect for him diminished with the prequels . Im sorry but he should have hired Timothy Zahn or Anderson or someone else to write the prequel stories because the writing in those films was not good And he kept clapping on ever more elaborates special effects and scenes which didn't help at all. As for the directing duties , there too , he should have stepped aside and let someone else do it like he did with the original trilogy.

Ive largely avoided everything made after Endgame.

Last edited:
Women and Girls have never made up a large percentage of the fandom. No wonder they're losing money on these projects.
Good female characters shouldn't put off male fans. Plenty of successful female led action stories out there. It is more a question of whether a story is about a female, or about a female being female.

Good female characters shouldn't put off male fans. Plenty of successful female led action stories out there. It is more a question of whether a story is about a female, or about a female being female.
They are doing a Star Wars film centering on Rey. That one I do plan to go see. I liked Rey .:cool:

No, we're not, Baylor.

The Acolyte cost $180 million to make, which is a ridiculous figure. Who thought they'd get their money back on that one? Disney are not taking accountability for their poor choices and blaming the fans is never a good way to go.

Yes II know Im quoting you again but I just saw a trailer Thunderbolts and damn, it looks good ! :cool:

The movies are still being churned out. Next year there is even Blade. I didn’t know that is Marvel.

Good female characters won't put us off. We loved Leia, we loved the cartoon Ahsoka (but not so much the live action series). Loving Mon-Mothma in Andor. I'm with Baylor too, i also liked Rey.

What i have found over the last year, or so is that my attitude has moved toward actively wanting Disney Star Wars to fail. I've noticed this especially with the Star Wars: Outlaws game. I can't say i'm happy with this development and i need to try and be actively objective.

Last edited:
I understand there is a Star Wars/Black Hole crossover in the works.

We love Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. My daughter and I were sick over the weekend, and she wanted us to rewatch this one as it's her go-to Marvel movie. I think it's great and the best Marvel movie since Endgame.

Yes II know Im quoting you again but I just saw a trailer Thunderbolts and damn, it looks good ! :cool:

I am very much hoping Thunderbolts* is good and a return to form for Marvel. I love Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier and am looking forward to seeing him again.

We love Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. My daughter and I were sick over the weekend, and she wanted us to rewatch this one as it's her go-to Marvel movie. I think it's great and the best Marvel movie since Endgame.
Watched it on tv , I can't believe I actually didn't go see this one in the theaters . :eek: What a great and fun film it was , Hopefully we get a sequel to it . :)

I am very much hoping Thunderbolts* is good and a return to form for Marvel. I love Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier and am looking forward to seeing him again.
Bucky was actually cleaning his metal arm in the dishwasher? too funny. :ROFLMAO: Ive rewatch the trailer several times. Theis one look a barrel of fun. :D