Bernard Cribbins

Mon0Zer0

Supporter
Right in the childhood with this one. Bernard Cribbins was in everything from Doctor Who to Frenzy to the Railway Children to Mouse on the moon to Fawlty Towers to the Carry On Films. Sorely missed.

Not to mention his brilliant comic songs, like Right said Fred, and Digging a Hole.
A very funny man.

I've just realised that both those two songs end with someone getting buried: Fred by half a ton of rubble, and the man in the bowler hat. And that's that.

Many memories. I hope that access to his work will remain possible. Tha grandkids like him as much as I did - do!.

I like this little fact...

Cribbins had first appeared alongside a time lord in 1966, with Peter Cushing playing the Doctor in Daleks Invasion: Earth 2150 AD. In 1974, he narrowly lost out on becoming the legendary character himself, when the part went to Tom Baker.

Becoming Catherine Tate's grandfather - after a four decade break - made him the only actor to travel in the Tardis as two separate characters.

He also played "Stan the news-vendor" in the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas special Voyage of the Damned, before getting the part of Donna Noble's grandad

He also played "Stan the news-vendor" in the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas special Voyage of the Damned, before getting the part of Donna Noble's grandad
Weren't they the same character?
Didn't Wilfred/Grandad say "Oh no. Not you again;" or something similar the first time he met the Doctor in the Donna stories?

Weren't they the same character?
Didn't Wilfred/Grandad say "Oh no. Not you again;" or something similar the first time he met the Doctor in the Donna stories?
I always thought that Stan was meant as a one off but then the actor who was playing Donna Noble's dad took really ill, so they did a retro fit (like Star Wars did with Darth Vader actors) and introduced Wolf Mott as her grandad