Doctor Who; The Star Beast( 60th Anniversary Special 1)

We recorded on BBC1 and saved them up for Christmas, just watched this one last night and really, really enjoyed it. I'm with Brian on fantastic episode. Shouted with laughter at some points - especially the technobabble in the pressing the buttons on the space ship scene.

Just watched this last night - FANTASTIC EPISODE! Absolutely loved it - the rollicking dynamism in everything from Tennant and Donna's characters, the pacing, Tennant's energy, and especially the representation - a trans character, someone in a wheelchair, the Sikh officer wearing his turban instead of a helmet. Great safe family entertainment for all ages. :)

Just good old-fashioned Tennant Dr Who greatness, before it all went downhill. :)

Also interesting to see in the opening sequence a credit that the story was based on something by Pat Mills and Dave Gibbons - so I'm presuming it must have been a 2000AD story? Pat Mills was a big writer there, famously for Slaine, and also became its editor for a bit, while Dave Gibbons did some work on 2000AD, too, before he made it big with Watchmen. I wonder if the story was one of Tharg's Future Shocks?
We also recorded the programme about the making of the episode and those two writers wrote a Dr Who comic episode with the Meep - and were invited to the studio to see the episode being made and were particularly blown away by how the Meep was brought to life.