I worked on Skyrim & Fallout, & now I'm launching a graphic novel!

iamjonahlobe

Supporter
Hello to this beautiful community!

My name is Jonah Lobe and I worked at Bethesda Game Studios for seven years as a Character Artist. While there, I created most of the creatures for games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 & 4, including the Dragons, Giants, Deathclaws and Ghouls.

I left the games industry to write a fantasy novel. It took me three years to finish, and while I did get representation with an agent I really liked, we never found a publisher. Shortly after that, my book agent quit the industry altogether. Womp-womp!

Now, however, I'm working on something new: a graphic novel called "Quiet: Level One." The story revolves around a little skeleton’s quest to stop a rampaging barbarian from destroying the Tree of Worlds. The story is whimsical, frightening, and full of adventure, and the universe is both strange and familiar - even nostalgic - to fans of classic fantasy, videogames, and Dungeons & Dragons.

Some more information! My protagonist is Quiet, a totally silent, totally adorable skeleton. Quiet doesn't have a mean bone (haha) in their body, and is totally outmatched by the villain, Galahorn. Galahorn is a towering barbarian with a huge axe and a murky past. He is intent on chopping down the Tree of Worlds... although the "why" of this remains to be seen. Two more important characters! Quiet's sidekick is a little talking caterpillar known as the Narrator Worm. Narrator Worms, as a species, cannot ever refer to themselves when they talk, but they talk a talk, narrating life from the perspective of whoever they're with. And lastly, Threadcutter, the talking knife, is just pure evil. Lastly, the universe where this takes place is the Tree of Worlds, which is similar to Yggdrasil but has been inspired by video-games in that every branch of the Tree is it's own level.

I have so much more to share about this world, and I want to tell you so much about how I came up with this idea! But the project launches on Kickstarter in just under a month and a half, and there's so much left to be done. For now, I'll leave you with this summary (and these pictures). Any thoughts you have would be welcome!!

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Jonah

Attachments

• coversmall 2.jpg
    coversmall 2.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Hiding.jpg
    Hiding.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 27
  • Running.jpg
    Running.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Slow Approach.jpg
    Slow Approach.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Tree of Worlds small.jpg
    Tree of Worlds small.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 29
  • Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Galahorn solo words.jpg
    Galahorn solo words.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • Narrator Worm and Quiet 2.jpg
    Narrator Worm and Quiet 2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 30
Hi @Ryo1963 that's right, not published yet. It's my first original creation and I really wanted to try my luck with Kickstarter. Thank you for your kind words!