Resident Evil Village

Peter A

In my opinion, this has to be the WORST sequel in the Resident Evil franchise, not counting those awful side story games Capcom published. But my God. RE8 is a total embarrassment to the series and so undeserving of the RE name.

Do note, this is just my viewpoints. You may think it's a good game. Granted, I would probably think you are addicted to whatever Capcom must be smoking over there in Japan. But even so, it's only your opinion. :p

Apparently, Capcom 'listened to the feedback' about RE7 being 'too scary' and decided to make this shitdump. It's a total joke.

About the worst thing about it is the story. The main character is supposedly under threat from bioweapons, but the soldiers watching out for him have no issue relocating the dude, his wife and baby girl to the very place the mould issue originates from. Yeah. Give these dudes an A for effort.

It only gets worse from there. As you play this boring excuse of a game, you seen realize, "Oh, wait. Isn't this just like RE4?" Nearly everything about it is repeated in this travesty, from the castle to the fat merchant guy, who somehow has like a gazillion guns. Really, though. I've always had a go at RE4 for bringing about that ridiculous idea to begin with.

The bosses are dumb, too. Since the game is set in Romania, you get to encounter vampire type women, one of which is this tall, sexy mistress like lady with a hat, and there's other bosses too that look stupid, like a machine man and a little puppet in a house. Not to mention they imitated the Silent Hill nurses by adding in these mannequins that follow you around, which you can see in the DLC story called Shadows of Rose, starring Rosemary Winters, a blatant rip off of Heather Mason.

Chris Redfield is in the game and is playable briefly, but his inclusion is really so he can tell lies. Because he just lies to Ethan, and doesn't properly explain about what the hell is happening until like three quarters of the game has passed. The rest of the game is just dull, with you shooting Paul Naschy look alikes, and picking up currency. It's just a silly, fantasy type game that even has the cheek to retcon all the previous games by making it the main villain was a mentor to the guy who founded the Umbrella Corporation. He's the old man in the wheelchair who gets killed by Wesker in RE5.

Trust me. This game is just crap. I even thought RE7 was rather silly as well, but at least it wasn't another shooter like 5 and 6. Although the Not a Hero DLC was mostly action based, where you punch your way through the Molded to find Lucas Baker, that John Kramer wannabe, who is part of this backwoods family, not unlike the cannibals in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre movies. There's even a scene at a table in their kitchen that is a lot like when Sally Hardesty was being tormented by Leatherface and his family, including by the near immobile 'grandparent' figure.

It was all quite daft, to be honest. :(

EDIT: I hate this Android TV box and its annoying on-screen keyboard, and I could barely scroll up. I had to correct so many typos. And I really do find it is not very useful. So I should have just used my phone. :)

Last edited: