House of the Dragon: 2.08 - The Queen Who Ever Was

That leads to another question, is the gods going to be affecting him in the last two seasons (4 season arc)?

Are you quite sure we are ever going to see these 2 seasons given their proclivity to cancel and/or postpone things?

Asking you only because you tend to have inside knowledge on these things, but I've just come back from Ireland and HBO are right now filming A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (to air in late 2025 (roughly half way between House of the Dragon and GoT on the timeline.) It is possible (but doubtful) that they could film two shows at the same time. The planned Jon Snow spinoff was abruptly cancelled for "not being exciting enough" but after 3 years of development. They could look at the disappointing review scores and decide that House of the Dragon isn't worth continuing either?

HOTD has some ratings decline vs the first season but still a big show for HBO. I would be more worried for other spinoff series as it could be diminishing returns. Though Walking Dead has kept churning them out.

George’s blog mentions a lot of stress earlier in the summer. Also the below. I wonder if he is referring to season 2 or preparation for season 3.
“I do not look forward to other posts I need to write, about everything that’s gone wrong with HOUSE OF THE DRAGON… but I need to do that too, and I will. Not today, though. ”

Reactions: ctg
“I do not look forward to other posts I need to write, about everything that’s gone wrong with HOUSE OF THE DRAGON… but I need to do that too, and I will. Not today, though. ”
In my honest opinion, George is the last person who should critique his work. He has too much knowledge and he sees his world in very different light than we do. And we all know that writers are the worst people when it comes to their products, because they see the holes that nobody else has noticed and brought up. That's why writers should stay quiet during these things.

This season wasn't the worst, it had down moments and way too much waffling instead of getting things moving. But IMHO that is also part of GRRM's work. There is just too much material, and to cut it down to essential bits is quite a challenge.

Another thing is that JMS made all the writing for the latter part of the Babylon 5. Would George have time to do that? If he says yes, then he should definitely do it, because he knows the material best.

So, who is writing the A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms TV show?

If George Martin isn't writing The House of the Dragon TV show and he isn't writing the completion of The Winds of Winter, then apart from his Blog, what is he writing?

So, who is writing the A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms TV show?

If George Martin isn't writing The House of the Dragon TV show and he isn't writing the completion of The Winds of Winter, then apart from his Blog, what is he writing?
I think he is involved with specific episodes of some shows. Also seems to do editing or at least some involvement in such as the Wild Card Series. I think he does bits and pieces for lots of projects, also the adaption of Howard Waldrop's books to TV, plus the books George has released over the last several years. Then he was just out for a few weeks doing conventions, meetings etc in Europe.
Seems he is very busy, just perhaps not doing much of what we would like :D Who knows how much Winds of Winter has been rewritten.
I suppose he will be involved in House of the Dragon season 3 too, but his writing wasn't evident in season 2..