The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon: 01:03: Paris Sera Toujours Paris

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
After a brief stop in Angers, including a bizarre zombie orchestra performing Boléro, Daryl's group finally reaches Paris. There, after a poignant encounter with a little girl – now a zombie – who used to be Isabelle's neighbour, they meet a community led by a man named Fallou. With their help, Daryl seeks out information on a ship that can return him to America, which leads the group to the Demimonde nightclub and a reunion with Isabelle's ex-boyfriend Quinn. Quinn reveals that he is Laurent's father and demands that Isabelle and Laurent stay with him in exchange for his help. Daryl rejects the deal and prepares to set out on his own after an argument with Isabelle, leading to Laurent running away after overhearing them. Codron meets with Genet, who agrees to let him lead the search for Daryl while her people continue experimenting with walkers. Pouvoir attacks Fallou's community and Isabelle searches for Laurent, while Daryl falls through a roof following a brutal fight with Codron.
Well that escalated quickly! After the bizarre musical interlude, Daryl changes his mind and is adamant that they need to go to Paris. I didn't expect them to reach Paris so fast, or for Quinn to reveal he was Laurent's father this soon. It was a very quick-paced episode and I've become conditioned to expect TWD to have these long drawn-out seasons where little changes. I like this. It has a cinematic quality.

The orchestra is one of the most bizarre things I've seen in the TWD universe.
The nightclub I always felt there should have been something like this, end of the world? Some genius would see this as opportunity to make themselves rich. Set up a bar, people use drink and drugs to forget for awhile. Give them what they want in exchange for things that will help you survive and take you to top of the pile. As a fantasy reader is something I've come to expect.

Poor Isabella, seeing the little girl. Then finding the boyfriend she abandoned to stop him leaving her sister behind. To then discover they both betrayed her and he's the father of her nephew.
Next week Dead City is available. I'm hoping this is as entertaining as Daryl Dixon.

I'm not a big fan of the messiah type storyline, and I think the episodes are slightly declining, but it was still interesting stuff. The bar/nightclub seemed to be remarkably well organised considering walkers were nearby, but it is plausible that Paris could have some fairly secured areas. A bit of family drama injection in the story, though of course a remarkable coincidence in meeting the ex.

Back