The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon: 01:06: Coming Home

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
After Daryl kills the walker, Daryl and Quinn, chained together, kill several enhanced walkers in the arena before Fallou kills the guerrier Genet ordered to shoot them. In the chaos that follows, the group escapes, with a bitten Quinn sacrificing himself to buy Daryl time, but he reanimates, forcing Laurent to put his biological father down with Daryl's encouragement. After going their separate ways from Fallou and Emile, Daryl's group resumes journeying towards Mont-Saint-Michel, but are attacked by Genet's men. Unable to kill a child, Codron shoots the other guerriers instead, promising to get revenge on Daryl later. Upon his return, Genet deduces Codron's betrayal and has him tortured for information. Daryl's group finally reaches the Nest where they settle in. Daryl becomes conflicted between staying in France and returning to America. Union of Hope leader Losang arranges passage to Newfoundland for Daryl, who chooses to leave despite Isabelle's comparing his abandoning Laurent to Daryl's abandonment by his own father. At the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, Daryl visits the grave of his grandfather, William T. Dixon, who died on D-Day. On Omaha Beach, Daryl prepares to board a boat, but hesitates when he sees Laurent secretly followed him and has a herd of walkers closing in on him. Near Freeport, Maine, Carol searches for Daryl, finding his motorcycle. After Carol captures its hostile rider, he directs Carol to where he found it.
A really good ending to a very good season. And Carol being a badass at the very end.

I don't see why Cordon didn't leave the child and shoot Daryl anyway. In any case, he had been happy to volunteer to search for the boy earlier and knew that Genet wanted him eliminated. People can change, but what changed him? - Was it looking straight into the boy's eyes? The coincidences of fate that show God somehow favours them? Didn't he enjoy the speech? I just don't see anything that would cause it after his whole focus all season has been revenge for the death of his brother. So, letting them go seemed too easy, but it does mean that Genet now knows the location of the Nest. Except, would have knowing that have been so hard? - I'm sure they must have captured other Union members who knew?

Has Daryl's grandfather even been mentioned before? It fits his narrative well and it didn't feel forced into the story (although the entire season has been like an American tourist's itinerary for visiting France, including the Statue of Liberty on Pont de Grenelle and Omaha Beach.)

Just as Quinn is starting to grow on me he turns into a Walker.

We haven't heard of Daryl's grandfather before but it wasn't forced, it was something revealed in conversation.
Not sure I found Cordon letting Daryl go believable, not shooting Laurent is plausible, most people would balk at killing a child.
Laurent, he's been sheltered all his life, never had to fight a Walker but the first one he does is his father.
Nice to see Carol at the end searching for Daryl but I'm wondering is Daryl on way home or has he returned to nest with Isabella?

Back