KDP account terminated

AnRoinnUltra

Sci-Fi Seanachaí
Supporter
I just had my KDP account 'terminated' with the loss of all content and royalties. It was supposedly 'connected to another account that violated t & c's' according to a mail (I have no idea how this would be true). It seems a bit vague and also a bit rich that they can just supposedly delete work based on a vague no evidence claim.
I've contacted them but I think it is just some sort of AI system and had no response -is this normal in publishing? (the book is still for sale as I type this).

Did you contact them by phone. KDP use to be easy to contact a person to talk to about KDP problems. I haven't had to contact them for several years so maybe things have changed.

Unfortunately I don't have a contact number. To be honest the money involved is small and I don't have a lot of time for their nonsense. The principle of pocketing the cash because of an alleged but not evidenced fault on my part has irritated me -to my mind it is grubby thievery.
I'm now banned from KDP -probably a blessing if that is the cut of folk behind it.
Will post here if someone/ machine ever sees fit to explain.

You should be able to file an appeal by replying to the termination email. It's possible that your account got flagged by mistake via one of their bots. I've heard of that happening before. Maybe one of the articles on these sites can help with what to do next to try and get it reinstated.

Written Word Media
Kindlepreneur

Good luck! I hope you can get it resolved!

Thanks Laura, I'm certain it is the result of a badly thought out 'AI' process. I'm sure it's not an isolated thing and to be fair AI work copying software probably has them plagued with spam. Will see what happens, the same crowd own ACX so hopefully the blacklisting doesn't extend to there.

Well, I related my attempt at opening a facebook account being blocked. I have had a similar shadowban on youtube for the last 4 years. Ironically I can't take my existing videos down because I have no access to my account an more.
Stone walling is the response to all requests for explanation / reinstatement to youtube and and facebook . Zip, nada. Wall of silence.
If I knew why I might be a little less unhappy.

opening a facebook account being blocked
I saw that thread -unfortunately I couldn't add anything useful only to say you have my sympathy. It's frustrating and probably fully down to automatic processes, one human would have it sorted in minutes. I'm not going to put too much effort into dealing with them, if they fix it fair enough and if not time to move on -there are three votes to be cast in the 300 worder and that's a more worthwhile use of my writing time;)

An end to this thread -my appeal was refused ('we are confident in our decision'). When asked for more information ('we reserve the right to disclose any information we deem sensitive'). I think they mean not disclose.
The only thing I can think of that was unusual is the fact that I satirized corporate hypocrisy, and it may have been too close to the bone for their censors ...anyway, a lifetime ban it is so :(