i cant remember the book title from when i was a kid trying to remember. 2

kyle lovell

so here's all the info i have on the book.
its not much but i hope it jogs some memories. so this is set in the 1920's-ish a young girl and her father go to this hotel as the father has to leave (possibly over seas) for work and he never returns( presumably because he died, not because he abandoned her). the hotel takes care of the girl but then it closes down but the girl stays waiting for her father. at some point she looks out a window at someone passing by and they notice her. the person becomes frightened and runs away. apparently the girl died at some point and hasn't realized it.

that's all i can remember any info would help a lot please and thank you. there are a couple more books (maybe) ill post to try and find the title shortly.

so here's all the info i have on the book.
its not much but i hope it jogs some memories. so this is set in the 1920's-ish a young girl and her father go to this hotel as the father has to leave (possibly over seas) for work and he never returns( presumably because he died, not because he abandoned her). the hotel takes care of the girl but then it closes down but the girl stays waiting for her father. at some point she looks out a window at someone passing by and they notice her. the person becomes frightened and runs away. apparently the girl died at some point and hasn't realized it.

that's all i can remember any info would help a lot please and thank you. there are a couple more books (maybe) ill post to try and find the title shortly.
That all sounds familiar but, I'm sorry, I haven't a clue.

See, when you say you read it when you were a kid that doesn't help much.
Were you a kid in the 1960s?
1990s? Or whenever?

That does sound familiar and the first thing that came to mind was a story by MR James, or maybe Arthur Machen or Algernon Blackwood.