cant remember book title been looking for years 5.

kyle lovell

so here's all i remember.
the plot is about a young girl who's foster parents sell her to a man for a crystal. she is taken to a mining quarry to be lowered down on a rope and retrieve crystals that are imbedded into the rock. while she is down there she sees a man who has collected a lot of gems ask to come up but the man above says something about needing him to fill his quota. the rope begins to break and the man pleads to be pulled up but the rope snaps and he falls to his death. when the girl is done she is told to not worry as someone will go down to retrieve the crystals that the man who fell had bee collecting. later on she escapes and finds out that her real parents were wolves that were turned into humans and had her during their time as humans. a women makes a artificial heart or heart clock( cant remember the details) for a king. during a battle the king is injured and the heart is replaced with the artificial one he can breath and his chest goes up and down but he isn't alive. the girl also learns that she is part of a prophecy about destroying a giant black bird that can turn into a human women. the man that bought her takes a friend with him she met at the quarry and she vows to go after her friend to save them.
that's all i got.... if i remember anymore books ill post new posts.

The young girl lowered on a rope down into a mine to collect gems is similar to the plot of The Rescuers (Disney movie). In the movie, the hole the girl is lowered into is in a swamp in Louisiana; she's recovering a large diamond.

The young girl lowered on a rope down into a mine to collect gems is similar to the plot of The Rescuers (Disney movie). In the movie, the hole the girl is lowered into is in a swamp in Louisiana; she's recovering a large diamond.
yes that is similar but this girl was collecting gems from the side of a cliff wall.

Have a look through this, even a small clue can unlock someone's memory to help you..

Hi,

The moment you mentioned crystals my thoughts turned to the dreaming jewels - but it's clearly not that. However there are some similarities with Sturgeon's work. Could the book you read have a connection to it?

Cheers, Greg.

Back