The Walking Dead: Dead City: 01:01: Old Acquaintances.

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter
Maggie finds Negan, and they travel to Manhattan; a marshal named Armstrong follows Negan; meeting a quiet young girl named Ginny.
Maggie searches for Negan to help her rescue Hershel who has been kidnapped by a former saviour.
Has a bit of a old west feel, not as good as Daryl Dixon but better than The Ones Who Lived.

Michelle Hurd appears as Jones, a brothel/bar owner where Negan has been staying, hiring himself out for 'Walker Clearance services' while looking after his new ward, Ginny.

Following an attack on the new Hilltop, now called the Bricks, Maggie's son Hershel is kidnapped by the Croat, a former Saviour who is living in Manhattan. Desperate to save him, Maggie reluctantly tracks down Negan for help who is on the run from New Babylon marshals led by Perlie Armstrong after supposedly murdering five people. In exchange for Maggie giving his young companion Ginny a home at the Bricks, Negan agrees to help her with the two taking young marshal Jano hostage and Maggie having to deal with hatred of Negan for Glenn's murder. In Manhattan, the trio encounter walkers falling from the buildings and a cat-and-mouse game with Perlie in a dry cleaners who accidentally kills Jano while chasing after them. Elsewhere, the Croat questions Hershel for information on Negan and sends an escaped prisoner to his death after the man refuses to answer questions about his group.
Bricks is further north than Hilltop if it is in this New Babylon, and close enough to Manhattan for the Croat to steal grain from them. It appears that the grain heist wasn't the real reason for the attack anyway, which is good, because I can't take another SF series where "grain" is the major plot point, See:- Rebel Moon - Part 2 - The Scargiver (Netflix) - 2024

It seems like no one loves Negan. It wasn't clear "why" the Croat was looking for Negan. I assume his attack on Bricks was to capture Negan, which means that the Croat really wants him badly. Perlie also wanted him badly; enough to cross the water to Manhattan, without any kind of plan, to lose his deputies, and almost lose his own life (I actually thought he was dead but he appears in the next episode)? Those three marshals were really useless though. Good at beating up women, but useless shots (worse that Star Wars Stormtroopers) and they made stupid decisions.

Back