Blake 7 season 1 In Blue Ray

Why?
Except to get a few die-hard fans to cough up more money...

And I'm not sure about the 'remastered effects', either. To me, if the story and the acting is good, you don't actually take a lot of notice of the quality of the SFX.

CupofJoe said:
Except to get a few die-hard fans to cough up more money...
I doubt if any true die-hard fans would be bothered getting a "George Lucas'd" version.

For me it was always about the characterisation, especially the Avon-Villa interplay. And Servalan.

And I'm not sure about the 'remastered effects', either. To me, if the story and the acting is good, you don't actually take a lot of notice of the quality of the SFX.

I doubt if any true die-hard fans would be bothered getting a "George Lucas'd" version.

The thinking being that those old shoestring budget special effect won't look so good on high definition television.

I agree, but sometimes these effects remasters do add a bit of icing on the cake, when they are unintrusive and congruent with the original aesthetic. For example, I thought the remaster of The Dalek Invasion of Earth was very tastefully done, such as replacing the wobbly dinner plate flying saucers with ones that looked much better but suitably 1960's.

To be honest, as a long-time Blake's 7 fan, I probably would go for a remastered version if only to forestall the groans and jeers of any uninitiated friends I show it to.

There's a remastering of a Doctor Who episode on YouTube, and the results are stunning.

Can they do the same with B7? But as mentioned this show was successful because of the story, and not the effects (although as kids we didn't really notice at the time).

What's annoying is that they are milking the fans by selling each season seperately. It really ought to be a box set of the whole lot.

Having said that, it could be a wise investment. If the sales have a limited run, the value of these box sets could easily increase in value.

I agree, but sometimes these effects remasters do add a bit of icing on the cake, when they are unintrusive and congruent with the original aesthetic. For example, I thought the remaster of The Dalek Invasion of Earth was very tastefully done, such as replacing the wobbly dinner plate flying saucers with ones that looked much better but suitably 1960's.

To be honest, as a long-time Blake's 7 fan, I probably would go for a remastered version if only to forestall the groans and jeers of any uninitiated friends I show it to.

It was an influence on Babylon 5.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vladd67 Blake's 7 0
paranoid marvin Blake's 7 5
Pyan Blake's 7 40
Vertigo Reviews & Interviews 0
Foxbat Blake's 7 9