Youtube algorithm change?

Astro Pen

Write now.
Supporter
This last week or so, when I open youtube it has a completely different cascade of offerings to what it used to. For some reason, which I am taking a wild guess that it is an algorithm change, now presents me with past watched videos that I really like, rather than ones I simply clicked on and was indifferent too.
This is very good.
Has anyone else noticed this recent shift in what is being presented to them?

Has anyone else noticed this recent shift in what is being presented to them?

This happened to me today. Music videos I last listened to a few years ago are now showing again on my homepage.

What's less welcome than the reminder of what a great track the Sisters of Mercy's Alice is, is that the ads have gone back to often being for betting sites, when I haven't seen a single one of those for ages.

I have noticed more variety in the suggestions the last two days... going back further in what I have watched than it had been recently, but I also have had ads break up a piece of music or a dramatic scene more intrusively.

Very strange. This morning Youtube totally blanked out on us; no memory of what had been watched before and was like nobody had been on it before. We access it via the tv set and wi-fi. PC might be different but I barely go there on the computer unless looking for something specific to send or post to somebody so a memory of what I have looked at is not of interest to me there..

Very strange. This morning Youtube totally blanked out on us; no memory of what had been watched before and was like nobody had been on it before. We access it via the tv set and wi-fi. PC might be different but I barely go there on the computer unless looking for something specific to send or post to somebody so a memory of what I have looked at is not of interest to me there.. g
It sounds like a temporary glitch or possibly a sign of being logged out of your YouTube account. Try checking your login status or resetting the app on your TV to fix it.

Companies are using AI searches of their customer base to see if they can't optimize their customers experience. More than likely they are looking outside of their own company databases, which could be very slim to start with. The results range from useful, to you got it completely wrong. I've had an upgrade to one of the companies discounts that I use because it reclassified my occupation to a different job that gets a higher discount. Normally you would have to go to college, and then get certified, but thanks to AI, it's all free now. Unless you get downgraded, but they probably don't do that, as AI can only be successful, if its users are successful, real or imagined, then everything's swell.