The Walking Dead: Dead City: 01:02: Who's There.

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter
Maggie and Negan run into natives New Yorkers. The group are attacked by the Croat's people and have to flee. Negan's mask slips when he confronts the attackers holding one as hostage, brutal classic Negan.

Armstrong is also captured by the Croats people.
We see Ginny, Negan's ward settling into her new surroundings but escape is her main goal.

An old woman named Esther helps Maggie and Negan escape from a herd and leads them to her tribe of survivors who are hunted by the Croat and his people, the Burazi. Negan reveals that the Croat was one of the first Saviours, serving as an interrogator for Negan until he went too far with a young survivor, causing Negan to try to kill him. However, Negan only succeeded in blowing off the Croat's right ear and he escaped. The tribe comes under attack from the Burazi, killing several people, including Esther, before they manage to escape. In retaliation, Negan brutally kills one of the Burazi as an example to the rest, something that is witnessed by Maggie. After Maggie reveals their true mission to them, the tribe reveals that they can help her get to the Croat. Elsewhere, Ginny struggles to adapt to life at the Bricks, eventually stealing a motorcycle and running away. Perlie visits his brother Joel's apartment, only to find Joel dead of suicide. Falling into a trap outside, Perlie is captured by the Croat.
Negan is a great character and the best foil that Rick had. I'm glad he has his own show, but I agree that he hasn't changed at all. He is still as brutal and violent. he may act like it's all an act; that it's a necessary show, but he enjoys that violence. I think you can see that when the "mask slips".

I'm not sure how much we learned here that couldn't have been guessed. Really, why didn't Negan tell Maggie that he already had history with the Croat? Has Maggie never wondered why the Croat really took Hershel hostage and attacked Bricks for "grain"? Is Perlie Armstrong really as stupid as he seems? I'm guessing that was his own home (since he knew where the gun had been) and someone came along and blew their brains out on his wall?

My only problem with this series is this introduction of Bricks, New Babylon and the Burazi, now that we know that the Commonwealth controls the entire of North America (that hasn't been nuked.) While this is a more interesting story, it pales into insignificance against Rick and Michonne
bringing down the Civic Republic Military, who at anytime they wished, could wipe out all three with some Chlorine gas bombs

Back