Looking for a sci-fi book pre 1975 containing a specific phrase or insult that I read in a paper back, possibly an anthology

lslewis901

I think I read the paper back book in the 1960s The phrase or insult contains the following words where the first three words are the correct order from the book: "you poxy, parasitical, hackhanded, undomesticated, snot-gobbling, son of an old git" I've looked high and low for this book on the internet and can't seem to find it. I used to own the book as a paper back but have moved locations one to many times to still have it. And so some I can't recall title or author. Any help in finding the books would be appreciated.

As I vaguely recall - I believe that the insult was given by a robot butler to its owner (the story's protagonist).

With "poxy" and "git", I would say almost certainly British. That should narrow down your search. And if you can remember the cover...

With "poxy" and "git", I would say almost certainly British. That should narrow down your search. And if you can remember the cover...
Ah, but all fictional butlers ARE British. Aren't they

Ah, but all fictional butlers ARE British. Aren't they
Good point. Wodehouse and Agatha Christie rather cornered the market with their butlers. The only exception that comes to mind is Nestor, in the Tintin stories.

Git: Originally an alteration of the word 'get', dating back to the 14th century, a shortening of 'beget', as in someone's misbegotten offspring, i.e. a bas*ard.

In parts of northern England, Northern Ireland and Scotland, 'get' is still used in preference to 'git'.

I think I read the paper back book in the 1960s The phrase or insult contains the following words where the first three words are the correct order from the book: "you poxy, parasitical, hackhanded, undomesticated, snot-gobbling, son of an old git" I've looked high and low for this book on the internet and can't seem to find it. I used to own the book as a paper back but have moved locations one to many times to still have it. And so some I can't recall title or author. Any help in finding the books would be appreciated.

As I vaguely recall - I believe that the insult was given by a robot butler to its owner (the story's protagonist).
Do you remember anything about the cover?

From Canvey Island.
Ted Cassidy (right) was from Pittsburg, Pa.

1725785531778.jpeg

Back