The Walking Dead: Dead City: 01:05: Stories We Tell Ourselves

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
In flashbacks, Ginny discovers that Maggie is lying about the Bricks' grain being stolen while the Croat kidnaps Hershel and demands Negan in exchange for his return. In the present, the Croat visits the Dama who reiterates their need for Negan to protect their future. As they make their way through Manhattan, Negan and Perlie get to know each other with Negan revealing the reason for his murders. His beliefs shaken by the recent events, Perlie opens up to Negan about his brother Joel and Perlie's growing doubts about what he's doing. Maggie, who is revealed to have kept Ginny's toy rather than burning it, deduces that Tommaso had sold the tribe out, resulting in the attack on their hideout and the ambush at Madison Square Garden. Tommaso admits that he had made a deal with the Croat who had promised Tommaso a boat and a chance at a better life for his family on the mainland, horrifying Amaia, although Maggie is more sympathetic. In the sewers, Amaia and Tommaso fall victim to walkers, but Maggie and Ginny manage to escape after Maggie successfully fights a massive fused together walker. On the surface, Ginny fires a flare into the air which is spotted by Negan.
I feel that this whole show had been building up to show us the fused together Walker in the sewer, and it wasn't that much of a shocker really. The other stuff; the secrets, lies and triple bluffs, I had guessed as much. Tommasso's Stockholm Syndrome is believable, and the Croat (or is Dama the real boss) really wants Negan, and I never was sold on that "grain" lie, although there really was some grain involved as Ginny found out. Lisa Emery (Darleen Snell in Ozark) as Dama just projects evil.

A much more pedestrian episode, and I can't help thinking that we've seen the best parts of this season already. One more episode to go.

Dama looks to be the real power.lve said previously teaming up with our guys is bad for thr health. I'm expecting the marshal to meet a grisly fate next episode, even with Negan trying to save him.

Back