DISCUSSION THREAD -- September 2024 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Oh dear - I hadn't read the other stories when I wrote mine (and I never lack for original ideas). I hope my story doesn't truly seem derivative of AnRoinnUltra's! CC

edit - AnRoinnUltra's stories are so unique, that I think it'd be fruitless to attempt to copy them! :)

Oh dear - I hadn't read the other stories when I wrote mine (and I never lack for original ideas). I hope my story doesn't truly seem derivative of AnRoinnUltra's! CC

edit - AnRoinnUltra's stories are so unique, that I think it'd be fruitless to attempt to copy them! :)
Oh no! I wasn't suggesting it was derivative! The two stories are completely different, in every way. It is simply that you were both writing about AI governance of humanity, albeit at different stages in its evolution. I am so sorry!

Class, it's a proud day to hear the stories are unique, thanks -you wrote a great tale to my mind, and completely different to the software app thing ...I'm not expert but I think all stories are derivative in some way anyway (y)

No worries, Provincial! One of my fears over the years I've entered the Challenges is that I'd write the same story (basically) as someone else. But glad to hear that wasn't the case. :)

And thank you, AnRoinnUltra! CC

@Cat's Cradle .... Home Delivery .... A story which makes me think that maybe the future is nowhere or at least nowhere I'd want to be.

@Astro Pen .... Wild is not Free .... A story which makes me rethink what is actually humane.

@Stable .... Rewild Jupiter .... A story which reads like a parable, one which we all should read.

@reiver33 .... Transitory .... A story which makes the unusual combo of SF, horror, and a bit of humor.

@Ian Fortytwo .... Get what you are promised .... This is a story which had me groaning and say "No!" at the end.

@Starbeast .... Cthulhu vs the SFFC .... This is a story which reminds me of a Biblical saying "The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong," And this story completely proves its truth.

@Christine Wheelwright .... The Wingless Individual Levitation Device .... This is a story which which gives skepticism a bad name.

@Azzagorn .... Balancing the scales .... This is a story which puts Mother Nature in the retributive justice category.

Back