DISCUSSION THREAD -- September 2024 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

I voted for AnRoinnUltra's story - it made me LOL, and laughter is always to be encouraged.

My Shortlist:
Victoria Silverwolf, Astro Pen, Stable, Starbeast, Phyrebrat, Bren G, Daysman, mosaix, TheJudge

There was another story I really liked, but I just couldn't quite see it as F or SF.

I want to thank Christine Wheelwright, AnRoinnUltra, johnnyjet and Hugh for listing my entry. Huge thanks to Ian Fortytwo for the vote. :)

Looks to be a close one! CC

Thanks Hugh, AnRoinnUltra, Starbeast, Astro Pen and Yozh for the shortlistings.

I did enjoy writing my little poem this month, but also did wonder whether it quite met the SF/F genre or not. Still, I very much appreciate the shortlistings from Hugh, Starbeast, Astro Pen and Yozh.

Thanks as always for the reviews (glad I made you LOL, Parson!) and good luck to those in the running for the victor's laurel wreath.

My vote went to AnRoinnUltra for a funny, shrewd and observant story.

A lot of wild stories this month, though unfortunately a few were too wild for me to understand. My shortlist:

Cat's Cradle -- Home Delivery
Christine Wheelwright -- The Wingless Individual Levitation Device
Culhwch -- Untameable
Daysman -- Call of the wild
Parson -- The Definition of Wild
Phyrebrat -- Manus gloriae
Yozh -- Life in Plastic

While I appreciated and enjoyed all the above, my vote was never in doubt -- Parson's story of an AI getting wild over the multiple meanings of wild caught me from the get-go!

Many Frenetic Whirling Dancing Thanks for the lovely mentions/shortlistings Stable, nixie, Hugh and CC!

So, our wild September’s almost done…

Faves, inc. vote:
@Victoria Silverwolf
@Guttersnipe
@Luiglin (vote)
@Christine Wheelwright
@mosaix
@Parson

Thanks to @mosaix, @johnnyjet, @Luiglin, @Stable, @dgackst and @Swank for your votes, to @Provincial, @THX1138, @Starbeast, @Christine Wheelwright, @AnRoinnUltra, @Cat's Cradle, @Elckerlyc and @The Judge for your listings, and @Parson, @Provincial, and @Victoria Silverwolf for your comments.

I think that's everyone, have a great rest of the weekend, and if you're anywhere near the coast, mind your chips!

D

Last edited:
Seems only fair to vote for @Daysman again, seeing as I picked out his modern Squalin of the Seagulls first time around :)

Tie-break, exciting, not been in one of these before.

Voted for Daysman, and wish you both good luck in the vote-off.

Thank you, TJ, for the listing :)

Thank you Christine for the vote, and Astro for the mention.

Sticking with Daysman on the tie break, but congrats to both!

Back