Laptop Refused to Power Down.

By the way, that's not my own PC (although it looks identical, it isn't); it's an image (found by DuckDuckGo) from the UK site, expertreviews.co.uk.

Oh, and most of the time, I use a (proper) keyboard** (USB) and mouse (Blu-ray) rather than HP's Blu-ray keyboard (with its integrated trackpad), but the latter is okay for most things.

** - I also used this with my old laptop.

When I say it has a battery, I mean the sort of battery that one finds in a laptop (give or take not being able to remove it), i.e. the PC can work (and has worked) for hours with the mains switched off.
I did a bit of searching and it seems that the battery can be removed but it’s a bit of a chore (remove cover, unscrew battery using Philips screwdriver) so definitely not practical for a power reset:(

Both the main power battery and the small coin clock battery can be removed and replaced. They have to be if they fail. However, as @Foxbat says, they make it incredibly difficult to do this yourself with some laptops and tablets (with tiny screwdrivers, tamper proof screws and loss of warranty) so that you are forced to pay someone to do it at great cost. I changed batteries and added memory boards to my old PC, but I have no idea what is inside my laptop.

For the past couple of days Mrs Mosaix's laptop (Windows 10) has refused to power down. No matter what it just booted itself back up again.

After a bit of sniffing around on the web the solution, that worked, is to hold the shift key whilst powering down. Who knew?
Good to hear there's an easy solution. :)

I had this happened regularly with my previous PC - I'd click to "shut down" but it would just restart, so what I'd have to do is "restart" and then "shut down" for it to actually switch off.